The journey starts

I've been driving all night.  I stopped for gas and food at a station on the way.  I'm not sure where I'm going.  I looked up cosmetology schools in the state I thought about going to.  There were a ton.

I finally chose one based off how many people were listed to live in the towns on the address for the school.  I'll be going to Rose falls, North Carolina.  Fitting isn't it, I think to myself.

Rose Falls has about 10,000 people.  I've done a little research.  It's a suburban meets little city type of place.  Some folks travel for work, and some stay right there in town.  It's a lot different from the outskirt area of Colorado where I'm from which makes it all the better.  It's gonna take me a few days to get there.

I decide to stop for the night.  It's about 10 at night.  I stop at a motel to get a room.  Once I've paid with cash I go about researching Rose Falls.  I know that I need to try and find listings about places to rent and jobs available ASAP.  I also need to think of a story to tell the townspeople about why I'm new to town.

I'm glad the town has a newspaper online.  That makes things easier.  I know there are also three real estate companies as well there.  Alot of times real estate companies manage rental properties, so there may be more properties than what I'm seeing.

I decide to get a shower, order some food, and veg out.  After getting out of the shower, I search the internet for somewhere that would deliver.  Finding a chinese place, I ordered some general tao's chicken and fried rice.

I am just flipping channels when I hear a knock at the door.  Thinking the delivery man must be related to the flash, I grab my phone, and pull up my keypad to call the restaurant, and give a great review.  When I open the door its definetly not a delivery man.

There in front of me is a biker.  He has a wicked sneer on his face.  He's quick.. he grabs the back of my head and pulls me close to his face.  I'm scared out of my mind it's true, but I'm thanking God I risked keeping my phone because whike he's distracted trying to put fear in me I'm using speed dial. 

"Look here at what just landed in our snake den... I saw your pretty self come in town, and new who you were.  Do you know how many brownie points you'll win me with the prez?"  He is looking me in the eye like I'm the answer to all his prayers.

He's so busy he can't hear my daddy on the other line.  "Fifteen more seconds princess, and we'll find you." He says loud enough where I can hear him.

"If you are gonna try and use me to hurt the Bkack Roses, it wont work." I don't hesitate to stare him down.

"Oh, please do tell me princess."

"Why do you think I'm way out here without so much as an escort?  Duh, you idiot, I'm running from them.  I broke the rules, the prez there wants my blood.  I'm no good to you."  I try to sound convincing.

"Well, what do you know then.  That means we get to have all kinds of fun with you then doesn't it.  And we won't even have to worry about those sissy roses coming to get you..."

I snap at his hand running down my face.  "I wonder princess, and do tell me.  How long til a rose wilts after you pluck all it's thorns?"

He starts to pull me out of the room.  I hear daddy as the biker yells sneers and obscenities at me.  "We've got you baby girl.  I'm activating your crown."

I could cry at that.  I had no idea my necklace had a tracker in it.   This rattler may think he has his very own princess to play with, but there's a reason the roses of my club are black.