Trouble management

When I walk in I hear the screaming as soon as the door opens.

"You skank ass bitch, you touch him again I'll filled you alive, and force feed you your own flesh." Phoebe is sitting on a distressed club girl named Tiffany. 

I hurry across the room.  "Sister, as much as I enjoy you putting her in her place, I must remind you, you're not claimed."

Phoebe stops.  She looks at me.  I see the betrayal and hurt in her eyes.

Just then the door busts open.  "What the he'll is going on!"  King comes through the room straight to me.  Great, now he'll think I had something to do with this.  Phoebe doesn't move.  She still has Tiffany pinned by the throat as he approaches.

"Valkyre."  He looks at me instead of the girl fight on the floor.

"Hey King."  I can see him deflate.  "I was just telling Phoebe to let the girl go, that she doesn't have a claim to defend... yet.  So, we'll be up and gone in just a second."

He grabs my arm as I move toward Phoebe to pull her up and off the whore.  "Why are you leaving? I haven't seen you in two months."

"King, stop.  I'm doing this with you in the main room with brothers all around that are getting the kicks watching two girls fight on the floor in front of them."

He finally looks around.  "Where is Diesel?  And better yet where is Richie?"

Just then the door opens again, and both my brother and Richie come through the door.

Diesel lays eyes on Phoebe.  He goes rigid.  Richie puts his hand on my brothers shoulder.  "Care to explain why Phoebe would be beating the shit out of Tiffany in the main room brother."

Diesel keeps his eyes on Phoebe.  "I can take a guess."

Richie kneels down to get on Phoebe's level.  "Maple, it's time to let her go.  She knows the score now.  Why don't you come with me for a walk.  We'll let prez kick Diesel's ass in the ring later.  Okay."

Phoebe let's go of Tiffany, and winds up in Richie's arms as they walk out.

I have no idea what I'm seeing.  King faces Diesel.  "You have 2 minutes to take out the trash.  I guess we'll be in the ring tomorrow as well.  I need to speak to Valkyre.  After you're finished I expect you to have a talk with Phoebe and Richie."

I'm mesmerized, but quickly sober.  "D, I don't know what you did, but you can't have missed Phoebe liking you.  Put it right or let her know the score.  You are the reason she hasn't fully committed to Richie in all these years.  Get your head out of your ass.  Y'all need to make some serious decisions, or I'll take her away from here all together."

He drops his gaze to Tiffany.  "I got it.  Choices, decisions, Phoebe, and Richie."

I walk toward the door not paying attention to King calling my name until I'm almost to the door.

"Valerie, if you don't stop right now, I'll put you on suspension from all club functions."

I turned around to look at his face.  "You won't do shit to me King.  I'll walk all over your face in my stilletos before I allow you to control me."

As I walk toward the door I hear the sound of the walk being punched, curses flying, and my brother and King kicking the club whore to the curb.

I'm not 5 feet from the door when it slams open.  I know who it is, but I keep walking.  His hands grabs the back of my neck and slams me back against his front.  Fear makes my spine tingle.  I've pushed him too far this time.  I feel his breathe against my ear.