Harveston's Kelkkarotu Pt. 1

Part 1: Sno' Problem! Maybe....
——————————

The bushes rustled as a small figure poked their head out from the cluster of bushes. Blue doll-like eyes scanned the grounds of Pomefiore. "Left's clear. And so's the right." They nod. "And not a soul in sight....good!" The person crawled on their hands and knees out of the bushes, gathering a few twigs and leaves in his hair and some wet dirt on his palms, but he didn't care. He like getting down and dirty, literally as well as figuratively. And that he was Epel.

"This is such BULLSHIT!!!" Epel kicked the shrub he was hiding in just now, and sighed. "Well, that kinda made me feel better.....as soon as Vil and I crossed paths in the hallway, I slipped back into my usual dialect and he looked close to wringing my neck! But I'm from the Village of Harvest, it's the norm for me to speak like that!!!" He complained as he gripped his hair. "I'm sick of being reminded over and over again to talk normal... 'Don't talk with a drawl', 'Address those higher than you with respect!', 'Do not raise your voice!'.....are you fucking serious! ....But then again, I've gotta be careful when I'm talking in front of him from now on, even if it's like getting my spine ripped out...." He sighed longingly as he looks up at the skies. "I wish I could go back home even for a day....but it's gonna be a long time till the holidays come back again...."

Yet as if his prayers were heard, his phone chimed in his pocket. He grabs it and saw the screen for the caller ID. "Who's calling?....Mee-Maw!!" He answered it almost immediately. "Grammy! Long time no see!" He smiled brightly. "I rarely get calls from you! What's going on?....Huh....What?!"
——————————

Epel trudged to the mess hall tiredly as his brain echoed off what his grandmother told him from their conversation earlier. He mumbled to himself as he kept walking, head low,"Man....what am I gonna do? I'm glad that I get to go back to the Harvest Village, but....why tomorrow at the last minute?! Grammy...you can't be serious.... even asked me to bring some of my friends along....but who do I....?" He looked up to see that he had absent-mindedly passed through the doors and saw that most of the tables were full of students. "We'll, that's just great: most of the tables got taken since I was too wrapped in my own thoughts....there's so many tables....I hope I can find an empty one and think this through...." He mumbled as he slowly got his food and walked along the walkways. The sea of black and gold hurt his eyes but he kept walking. But then he caught a familiar flash of deep blue off to the far side, close by the windows.

Epel hurried as quick as he could with a smile on his lips as he saw, and guessed correctly, who was at that table.

Grim was nibbling on a small chunk of sweet bread as Charlie, swaying her head from side to side, was scribbling in her notebook rapidly with her favorite gel pen. She had her earphones connected to her phone as she mouthed along the words to the song she is listening to just now.

We don't talk about Bruno, no, no, no!
We don't talk about Bruno!

"Charlie?" Epel approached the girl as Grim looks up. "Charlie?...." He raised a hand and tapped her shoulder, startling her.

"Gesù!!! To dispiace cazzo piccola merda-!" Charlie yelled as she ripped out her headphones, prepared to break the wrist of whoever interrupted her serenity just now, but stopped mid-rant to see Epel, scared Shitless and holding his hands up in mock surrender. She scowled. "Epel! Fuck, I could've hit you just now! I told you and the guys: when these things are in-" she points to her earphones. "-that means 'don't bother me'!"

"I'm sorry!" He apologized. "I just wanted to ask if I could sit with you guys!"

"Oh....well, why didn't you say something?" She smiled and nods for him to join. As she goes to put her notebook and pencil pouch away, Epel gave her an 'are you serious? I was just going to ask you that' look but rolled his eyes and took the seat on her opposite side.