Fairy Gala pt 1

Hey y'all! Now that I got Scarabia's arc done, it's time for the bonus content of the story line! Thanks for the input and you shall receive! And this is one of two happening this summer: The Fairy Gala!

Again, like Happy Beans Day, this event and the next upcoming one are part of the main story line. I believe. But here it is and enjoy reading!
—————————
Part I: The Missing Gem
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kalim and Jamil ran down the halls of Night Raven, searching for one person in mind. Something weird had occurred in Scarabia and they needed his input on the matter fast!

"Headmaster! There you are!" Kalim spotted him as soon as they turned the corner, and scurried to a stop, desperation written in their eyes. "Something weird's going on! One second it's warm, and now there's snow everywhere in Scarabia!"

"We managed to dig our way through and get out, but once we got into the Mirror hall, it was roasting." Jamil nods.

Crowley was at first surprised to see the two frantic second years running at him, but once he heard their statements, he nods firmly. "Asim, Viper, I guess it's affected you as well. There's something wrong with the temperature in my office as well. Cold enough to ice my feathers!" He motioned for them to walk with him. "Regulations for this on NRC grounds is entrusted to the fairies. The power is supplied from a special gem that's kept under lock and key here. It's a strong chance that someone or something tampered with it...."

"Then let's go see what's up!" Kalim grinned.
————————
The three arrived to the mirror chamber.

"The gem I spoke of is stored in this very room." Crowley walks towards an intricate box, and unlocks it with a key. "Actually, it's forbidden to enter the room without my...permission..." but once the door swung open, the inside was barren. His breath caught in his throat. He stuttered....and then he screamed.

"NOOOOO! It's gone!!! The sacred gem that supplied the power for the fairies is missing!"

Kalim's mouth dropped open, and rushed to see the box. True to the headmaster's word, nothing was inside. "Huh?!"

Crowley turns to the second Scarabia lead. "Viper, get the dorm leaders into my office at once! Tell them it's urgent!" Jamil nods silently and bolts from the room.
————————
All the seven leads have gathered in the Headmaster's place as soon as word got to them. Only to be met with a blast of freezing air and snow falling from the ceiling.

"Shit. It's freezing! What the fuck's going on?" Leona shivered.

"Thankfully, I'm relieved!" Azul sighed in bliss. "Octavinelle was stuffy since I woke up. I thought I was close to fainting!"

Idia's voice shook from the tablet. "Ignihyde's a complete sauna! What'll I do if my PC breaks?! You better find a way to fix this!"

"Everyone, silence!" Crowley demands. "As you are all aware, control over temperature regulations has been lost within the facilities. The reason why is because the magic gem has disappeared; the one that harbors power towards the fairies.

"For a second, I thought he was screaming like someone committed murder..." Kalim frowned. "But that's why he kept saying 'it's gone'...."

"True. The main reason we live the way we do now, no matter the season is because of the fire fairies, water, wind, and more; thanks to the magic of many  different fae. But without the main gem, they don't have enough power to control the weather. Therefore, we've kept extra precaution storing the gem in the mirror chamber. But now it's vanished! I've a strong hunch that someone stole it! A low move!" Crowley fumed.

"So you mean to say that this gem in question is a power core that gives magic towards specific fairies?" Azul steps forward. "Well, if that's so, then the guilty party we must be on guard towards is 'the fae' themselves? What I mean is, the elephant in the room, we've one here now. It's quite obvious." Azul turns his accusing gaze towards Malleus, who in turned stared back, almost offended.