4.2 - Wake-up Call

~previously~
"Woohoo! At last! Released from the shackles of student life!"
....
"Hey Koebi-Chan, azarashi-chan...you two staying? Then come to
Octavinelle! You can be with us!"
......
I couldn't help but smile as I walked out of the room. "There's never a dull moment with any of them." I spoke as I put the paper back in my pocket for later.
—————————
"Charlie! Look at all the snow! It's A winter wonderland!" Grim shook her shoulder, his voice sounding like a little kid's: full of excitement. Charlie moaned at the sudden outburst that woke her from her sleep. She lifted up her head to look out the window, and true to his word, the entire grounds were fluffy white.

 She lifted up her head to look out the window, and true to his word, the entire grounds were fluffy white

"Whoa...feels just like that group retreat in the mountains back in sophomore year..." she remembered, a smile on her lips.

"The fire fae are likely starting to get cold! Let's go get em some firewood! And let's snag some food from the kitchen while at it!" Grim skipped to the door.

I nodded and threw off the blankets to get ready for the day.
—————————
Holy fucking hell. I had never felt so cold in my life. The mountains were nothing compared to what I had gone through just now!

"I-it's so f-f-freezing out there! I thought my p-paws would freeze and s/s-s-snap off!L-Let's get that wood in the fireplace!" Grim chattered.

"I'm on it!" As fast as she could, Charlie kneeled by the fireplace and threw in a few logs.

Suddenly, something caught her eye.

A small fairy with flames for a dress, yellow skin and matching eyes

A small fairy with flames for a dress, yellow skin and matching eyes. Wings that looked as fragile as glass and orange flames that rose up like a soft-serve cone. The fire fae.

One flew up to the duo and looked at them in curiosity.

"Ah, so you're the fire fae. Just being right next to you makes me feel comfortable already!" Grim smiled.

One of them seemed to understand him as it giggled and flew off. She smiled as she felt the warmth overtake her.

"Huh? Sounds of a knife hitting a cutting board..." Grim's ears picked up and he sniffed the air. "And juicy meat being grilled under a crackling fire?! And spicy smells of far off Lands give it more of a kick!" He eyed the door. "It's coming from the kitchen! Let's check it out!" He slipped off. Charlie watched him go with a sigh.