7.3 - Drowning in Dreams

Bzzzt!!! Bzzzt!! The sound of a phone vibrating pierced the air....

Someone's soft breathing hummed through the dark room, quietly lulled through a dreamless sleep.

Bzzzt!!! Bzzzt!!

"Ugh....shut up....who's calling....?....." Idia didn't bother rubbing his eyes as he blindly searched for his phone in the darkness. Upon finding the device, he pressed the call button and shoved the phone to his ear.

"Ah, finally you picked up!" A chipper voice sounded from the other end of the line. "G'morning!"

"Uh....who's this....?" Idia murmured, confused.

"Wha-....don't tell me you've forgotten your own little brother!! It's me, Ortho!"

"....Ortho?....That can't be, Ortho's....." Idia slowly opened his eyes to see was lying in bed in his room at Ignihyde, his head slightly pounding as his eyes squeezed shut from the fluorescent light in his room.

"Big Bro, it's been so long since we've last used the same bedroom! Seriously, I think you're sleeping too much...!" Ortho kept talking on the line as Idia took some aspirin that was hidden away in his bookshelf as he sat up on bed. For some reason, Ortho's voice sounded a lot more deeper and mature than he expected....

"N-No, Ortho's supposed to be with me at Night Raven College....." he mumbled to himself, swallowing the pills and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Hey, uh...where are you now?" He spoke into his phone.

"Huh? I'm at Royal Sword Academy!" Ortho spoke. "It's the induction ceremony for the new students, me included! Speaking of which, isn't it the same for Night Raven....? You told me a zillion times you couldn't oversleep this since you're a dorm leader! So you had me call you first thing in the early morning so I could remind you!"

"Oh....did I say that? Either way, I guess I should go...." Idia shrugs as he slowly started to get out of bed.

"Look, we may be at different schools, I'm still glad we could be on the Sage Island together, even if we aren't near each other!" Ortho seemed to smile, making Idia smile in turn.

"Wow....Ortho's reached high school now...." Idia murmurs happily.

"Haha! You sound just like mom and dad when they got the news! Oh, I gotta go! And don't go back to bed! Bye-Bye!" The end of the line went dead and Idia shut off his phone as he felt his head pain swell down a bit. But it was still rather head-pounding.

"Ugh....maybe I played too many games last night....my head hurts like crazy...." He groaned. "And...I don't remember Ortho asking to give me a wake-up call....do I?.....I know the entrance ceremony for us is at night....so how did he....? Well...either way, I'm just happy to have heard from him again....guess I should go to orientation....right after getting the daily mission done with." With that, he flopped into his desk chair and began to type at his booted up computer, muttering to himself all the while. Suddenly, a small black box popped up on screen with a message in the box:

CrimsonMuscles has logged in.

"Huh? CrimsonMuscles....? Weird, it's rare to see
Him log in at an hour like this...." Idia raised an eyebrow, but proceeded to click on the IM App and proceed to chat with him.

Nekura Samurai: Hey! Nice job on yesterday's gathering marathon! Phew! Took a while to collect all those drop items!

Crimson Muscles: Well, it's all thanks to you, and helping me forge that new weapon I had my eye on!