Prologue - Trying Battle

~previously~
"Don't screw with me. I'd rather die than face expulsion!"
.....
"I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with two dunderheads who can't keep their mouths shut for a single fucking minute! From now on, I'M in charge!UNDERSTOOD?!"
...
"We just have to get it done right? So, what's the plan?"
...
What's the worst that could happen?
————————————
"Hey, beasty! Over here!" Grim shouted.

The monster soon appeared.

"Grrrr....LEEAAAAAAAAAVE!!!"

Then it started moving towards the group.

"Gah! It's coming!"

"We ain't leaving anytime soon!" Charlie shouted, trying to aggravate it. The monster noticed her.

"There...thief....too. Won't give....Mine....Mine!!!!" It struck the ground with a harsh punch as a warning.

Grim yelped. "That punch looks like a knockout if it lands!"

"Get that thing as far away from the tunnel as best as possible!" Charlie shouts, running further ahead.

"Go away...go away!!!" The monster orders.

Once the monster slid forward a few more inches,

"It's pretty far from the tunnel now!" Grim guessed.

"Now!" Charlie yells.

"Okay, I've got this! Let's go: Extra Tempest!" Ace waves his pen.

"With the Great Grim's Fire Special!" Grim backs up.

The monster was trapped in a blazing circle of blue fire, as the winds kept sweeping them higher, creating a wall of flames.

"Yes!" Charlie smiles.

"How 'bout that? I can even fan Grim's shoddy flame into an inferno!" Ace smiles as well.

"It's not shoddy! Ugh, every word that comes out of your mouth pisses me off!" Grim complains.

"Now's our chance! Deuce!" Charlie calls.

Farther away, near the mine entrance, Deuce calmly focuses. He hears Charlie's call.

"Calm now....take aim....the biggest, heaviest....thing I know...." he murmurs, eyes closed.

They open. "Come forth, Cauldron!" He orders.

Swish of the pen. A giant cauldron squishes the monster, as it screams in pain.

"We got him! Great work, guys!" Charlie compliments.

Grim snickers, "Hey look! The monster looks just like Ace did earlier on!"

"Don't bring that up again! Jeez, today's just not my day..." Ace grumbles.

"Let's go get the magic crystal while that thing can't move!" Deuce motions for the others.

They regroup and hurry back into the mine. The monster looks up to see the group leaving.

"WaaaaaaaaaIT!"
———————————
"Aha! There's the crystal!" Deuce spots it as soon as the group gets back from their checkpoint.