5.7 - The Drama Unfolds

That morning when I got up, I felt like shit. My nose was stuffy, my eyes felt dry, and my hair looked unruly.

That sudden dream about my mom just came out of nowhere, messing me up. I cried in my sleep, soaking the pillow in tears. I got up to get some water to drink in the bathroom but it did little to soothe me. I couldn't go back to sleep after that, after tossing and turning for over an hour, so I said, 'fuck it' and decided to get ready for the day.

'Guess I'll have to sneak in some coffee when breakfast rolls around...' I thought, twisting the top back onto my water bottle, filled with fresh water. I just finished a yawn and proceeded to brush out my hair.

....the tattoo on her arm....why would there be a parallel between the dream and my drawing? Are my dreams trying to tell me something? Do I....not know my mom like I thought I did....? Is she's hiding something? And what's it have to do with me?

But then, knock sounded at my door.

"Yes?" I turned to see the door open and Rook standing by the doorway.

"Bonjour, ma cherie! Beautiful morning, no?" He sang. "There'll be morning training in the ballroom today. Just to remind you where we'll be." He winked and sauntered off.

I kept my eyes on him as he left and sighed, finishing with my hair and going back to my thoughts.

Now I knew why I drew that symbol yesterday....or did I?
—————————

In the ballroom, everyone was busy with their morning stretches. Charlie stayed off to the side, drinking her mocha and bit off a chunk of her raspberry cream cheese croissant she swiped from the cafeteria.

"I can't believe last night..." Deuce sighed, cracking his joints.

"My whole body felt numb due to staying on the floor..." Ace popped his shoulder.

"Fgnna....I'm not in the group so why did I have to go through this...?" Grim started to sway, feeling loopy.

"Actions have Consequences, nimrods." Charlie spat at them, sipping her mocha without a care in the world.

"Uh...you guys okay?" Epel walked up to them, worried. He looked at Charlie for an answer.

"They had a pretty rough night, let's put it at that..." she said.

"Ah! Morning, everyone! You're all here!" Kalim walks in with Jamil.

"I heard all the ruckus last night. And I got out of bed to see what happened because I thought someone broke in. You guys really are idiots..." Jamil sighed. "I saw you three on the floor when I went to go check out the scene..."

"It's not like we wanted to sleep there!" Ace huffs. "We got taken over by Vil's Unique Magic!"

"His Unique Magic?"

"It allows him to put a curse on whatever he comes into physical contact with." Charlie got up from her spot, finishing her croissant and explained the situation.

"Yea, like the food!"

"He puts curses in food?!" Kalim jumped back in shock.

"Yep...he did this so he could watch our every move until the VDC..." Grim shook. "Just the thought makes me feel Violated..."

"Well, I know I can track whether food is poisoned or not, but curses are a different story!" Kalim sighed.

"Since he used it, there may be traces of it left behind..." Jamil hummed in thought.

"So.... you're saying we can find out if there's remnant left behind in the food by detection magic?" Kalim guesses.

"No, it'll be difficult for someone as stupid as you to figure it out." Jamil bluntly sighed.