5.1 - The Upper Echelon

Dear Diary,

Scarabia was not what I thought it to be at first. After the ordeal of having my SOS gone with the wind, it's a miracle I made it out alive, from help more or less, thanks to Azul and the others.

Now the worst may be real: somewhere, out in this world, Acheron is trying to be revived from death. Ophelia grows more concerned for my safety since Xedok tried to destroy me by taking my powers. But she confirmed: because of a blood spell, it can never be stolen nor taken by force. But that's what makes it a potential target for domination.

I need to be on guard. Xedok could come back anytime to attack me or my friends.....No one knows what'll happen next. The worst has yet to come.....

Four have fallen. Three remain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5: The Beautiful Oppressor
——————————
"What?! Are you certain?"

"I saw him with my own eyes."

"And Xedok drained a portion of Jamil Viper's life force when he forced himself out of his body!"

"This doesn't bode well, sisters....what'll we do now?!"

"Charlotte must remain on guard should he reappear, in a different vessel. I distinctly remember: Once Xedok has claimed a vessel and used it once, he can't go back to it again."

"So....you think...."

"Yes. The next one who becomes corrupted by the darkness will potentially be the next pawn for him in getting closer to her."

"But, Ophelia....aren't there....others?!"

"She's right! Xedok isn't the only one who served Acheron! What if it'll be a different one than him?! There's-"

"Be rational, sisters. I'll keep an even sharper eye on her should anything run amiss in our haste."

"Right."

"If you say so...."

"As you wish." The sphere of crystal light floats to the seer orb, that reflects the worried faces of Charlotte and her friends, wondering over Epel being frightened and running away from them so suddenly. "Two artifacts achieved. But the third...."
——————————
The sound of singing filled my ears as I was lifted from the blackness into the Dreamscape.

The Dark Mirror stood before me, and I saw a familiar figure....

"Magic Mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?"

The face in the mirror materialized.

"Famed is thy beauty, Majesty. But hold, a lovely maiden, I see. Lips as red as the rose, hair black as ebony, skin white as snow." He replied. The Queen tensed before anger filled her body, and she said the name with venom,

"Snow White!"

And there was the mentioned girl, looking down in the wishing well, singing her cares away as the Prince joins her in harmony, proclaiming his love for her as she stands on the balcony. But unknown to both the Queen was looking down on them, and she disappears in a flash.

I already had a bad feeling about this....
——————————

Charlie has woken up renewed that day. Save for the fact that her hair looked like a bird's nest. Naturally, our heroine freaked out and proceeded to brush her hair to tame the tangles before presenting herself.