Prologue - New Conditions

~~previously~~
"This is concerning....I can't just let someone who can't use magic to stay at the school. However, as an educator, I can't just toss a penniless teenager out onto the streets with no form of communication....There's an unused building on campus. It was once used as a dormitory in the past, but if you clean it up, you should at least be able to get some sleep there. For the time being, I shall allow you to reside there! And I will look for a way for you to return home. It may be a bit old, but there is a certain charm to it!"
———————————
We were soon outside the gates of the Ramshackle Dorm. Looking at the place, I tried not to grimace. That thing looked like one board break away from caving in! But...like I said, we'll have to go with it. Hopefully it's still stable...by the looks of it.

"Is this seriously...." I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"Right, Right?" The headmaster nodded. "Let's go inside."
———————————
In the lounge, it looked a bit ransacked, but nothing a little elbow grease couldn't do!

"———————————In the lounge, it looked a bit ransacked, but nothing a little elbow grease couldn't do!

"Staying here will at least keep you out of the rain." He reminded me. " I must head back to do some research. In the meantime, make yourself at home. Just don't go wandering around the school! Until then." With a bow, he vanished.

I looked around the room, now cringing. "I really have my work cut out for me, don't I?" I mumbled. "Wait, how exactly am I gonna work when-"

I look down. My robes were gone and in place was my usual getup. And right beside me was a stack of towels, cleaning spray, a duster, and some garbage bags, and a few other cleaning supplies.

My eyes widened. Was I rambling so much I didn't notice what was going on around me? Are my clothes magicked so that they change into whatever fits?! If so, then that's cool! It's just like in that scene of "Caraval", when Scarlett is given clothes that transform into different dresses everyday of the event! And it's happening to me!!! Amazing!

I snapped out of it. Now's not the time for living fantasies! We've got work to do! And let's get to it!
————————————

 Now's not the time for living fantasies! We've got work to do! And let's get to it!————————————