Fairy Gala pt 2

Part II - The Inside Job
——————————————
-Several days later-

The day for the Fairy Gala has arrived at last.

Our six individuals and our loud-mouth raccoon, were putting the final touches for their plan. And getting into their 'costumes'.

"Uh, where's this go again?" Kalim looked confused.

"Here." Jamil assisted. "Put it around your shoulder like so. And...there." He finished the placement of the sash like a banner for crowning a prom king.

"I knew wearing expensive things like these would make me feel tense...it's so itchy..." Ruggie scratched his neck with one finger.

"Yea, it's imposing...but it suits you. Don't be so nervous." Leona "supports".

Charlie pinned the last flower in her hair and checked her lipstick and eyeshadow for any smudges. Couldn't be too sure, but having attended so many school dances, having to check her makeup was a bit of a habit.

"Okay! Good to go!" She smiled and plopped the closed lipstick tube into her clutch.

"So shiny...and sparkling!" Grim awed.

"That's to the embroidery thread, or it could be the pixie dust sprinkled over." Jamil nods.

"Looks like we're all set then!" Charlie joins the two, making sure her platforms are secured. She had gotten used to walking in heels since she was 11, which shouldn't be appropriate for a child to start wearing them, but hey: she had to start somewhere.

"Hey, Rabbit..." she turned to see Leona had joined her. He wasn't looking at her, and she couldn't tell if he was actually blushing or if it was just makeup. "Y-you look good." He coughs.

"Grazie." She smiled gently.

"He's right. You look just like a fairy. If not, more." Jamil nods and takes her hand, kissing the back gently.

Charlie giggled awkwardly and her heartbeat started to Increase at the gesture. She wasn't familiar in seeing this side of Jamil.

"Is everyone ready?" Vil calls for attention. "Now Remember: if you end up relaxing too much, your strict training regime will fly out the window. Double check and makeup just to be sure. At first, such an insightly group that I had a strong feeling would flop.... but after seeing the final results, I must say-"

"Vil-Sensei!!" Kalim started bawling happily. "It's because of you I can finally conquer this dance! I'll give my all to the real deal!!"

"But never forget your real goal:" the third year reminds. "Steal back that gem. Without it, chaos will ensue...you understand: that runway is your battleground! Snatch those gazes and that tiara and give them your all!"

"Yes, Sir!" They all cheer.
———————
Making our way towards the greenhouse, We clearly looked like those slo-mo figures walking in action movies: the wind in our hair, and we're walking like bosses!! And that garden is where the action begins....

"There's the garden they're using for the Gala...remember: anyone we come across, will be a fairy, but remember: we are human. Take careful precaution, even when-" Jamil stops talking. He sensed something off. "Wait...where's Kalim?!"

"Huh?!" Ruggie looked around, but the white-haired second year had vanished. "He's gone!!"

"Oh my god...for once, can he stop walking around...?" Leona groaned in annoyance.

"Guys!! GUYS!!" We heard him shouting as he came barreling towards us with a frantic look in his eyes.

"Kalim! Can you stop wandering off alone?! We're in a fight or flight situation here!" Jamil scolded him.