Scary Monsters (TWST Halloween Special pt. 4)

"In order to know the monster, you must become a monster..."
-Charlotte Luchessi, 2020

Part 4: Fight Fire with Fire (AKA: one of the LONGEST chapter written, not counting the canon storyline)
——————————

The four girls fall in exhaustion against one another.

"It's done...." Heartslabyul Charlie panted.

"Thank fuck!" Savanaclaw Charlie groaned, feeling her voice strain.

"I thought they'd never leave....." Octavinelle Charlie whimpered, her voice hoarse.

"Me too....never again...." Scarabia Charlie lied down on the floor to keep her head from spinning.

Slowly, each of the girl lit in a white prismatic glow. The light had grown brighter until their entire bodies were nothing but white. Their forms merged together until it became one person. Mirror Charlie. The light diminished and she stood still before collapsing.

If not something had caught her.

Kalim's rug scooped her up gently and laid her down like a person on a stretcher. Her Red hood pillowed around her body like a cloud, contrasting against her ivory skin.

"Charlotte!"

Riddle, Leona, Vil and Azul all rushed in to see her lying down in the air.

Azul placed two fingers on her wrist and felt for a pulse. "She's alive." he sighed in relief.

"Geez, I knew she was reckless but this...." Leona sighed.

"So it was her who drove those monsters away...." Vil murmured, brushing away a few strands of her dark hair away from her face.

"No....it was her doppelganger...." Riddle corrected. He explained to the others what Deuce saw and he and the four had deduced that she had learnt copy magic sometime early on.

"Amazing....to think she'd master something like that so fast..." Azul was surprised, looking down at the sleeping girl.

"But she said the more copies she makes, the more it'll rob her of her mana...." Vil rebuted.

"And look where it got her." Leona scoffed, but couldn't help but be worried for the girl as much as the others.

"So, wait, if this isn't Charlotte, then this must be her...."

To answer Vil's question, the mirrorsona's body started to glow the same white light as the others, but instead of shattering like last time, she disappeared in a cloud of butterflies. The four leaders were silent as they watched the last ones leave through one of the windows and out into the skies.

No one said a word as they watched on silently.
——————————

Malleus puts Charlotte's body down on her bed with ease, careful not to disrupt her slumber. He pulls away to look down at her sadly and brush away a few strands from her face. Some of the color returned to her cheeks, giving her a healthier glow, her breathing evened out and she shifted to rest more comfortably.

"My dear star...." Malleus murmured, placing a cold hand on her cheek. "May you rest well." he breathes. He leaned down and faintly placed a kiss on her temple, his lips leaving a ice-like burn on her skin, but vanished fast.

Malleus straightened himself and turned to leave, leaving the small healing orb by her side to protect her as he shut the door and left without looking back.
——————————

-Friday, Day 6 of Hallo-Week-

The morning, to say the least, was....silent.

"Morning." Crowley trudged in, his eyes bloodshot and widened from lack of sleep. "I guess...we'll start our meeting for the day...." he shrugged, not as chipper as usual.