1.5 - Tart Baking

~Meanwhile~

Ace, Deuce and Grim walked through the woods behind campus, their eyes lingering on the trees full of chestnuts

"There's so many chestnuts all over the place! It's a forest of all you can eat Mont Blanc..." Grim awed. "Well, time to get picking...ow!" He reaches for one, only to get pricked unexpectedly. "The thorns pricked my paw!"

"We can't get them with our bare hands. It might also benefit us to get a basket or something to put them all in." Deuce suggests.

"The garden probably has what we need inside." Ace nods towards the greenhouse.

"Let's check it out."
———————————

Inside, the trio scan the place

"Wow, it's bigger in here than I'd expect." Ace murmurs.

"I know right? Glad I was thinking the same." A voice peeks up. He turns to see Charlie walking up to them, a smile on her face. "So what'd I miss?" She asks. He was about to ask how she got out early and finding this place, but Deuce intervened.

"Not much, just getting some equipment to pick chestnuts. There's probably a caretaker in here. Lets split up and find someone." He offers.

"I'll go right." Ace steals.

"And I'll go left." Deuce follows. "Charlie, you and Grim can head to the back." She nods as she feels Grim hop up on her shoulder.
——————————
"Oh, look! There's so much fruit here! It all smells so good!" Grim coos.

"Don't even think about it." I snap at him and continue walking. But, I wasn't watching where I was going and ended up stepping on something.

I squeal and jump forward in fright as I heard a grunt.

"Did I step on something???" I worry. Turning around, I see...

"Oi. You've got some nerve stepping on someone's tail without saying anything."

Wait...that voice...

He's one of the guys from the entrance ceremony! The scarred one! Except without that hood hiding his face I can see now how he looks. And...he's got lion ears?! And a tail?!