5.6 - Questions over Answers

It's been too Long.....Back to the main story!!!!
———————————

Dinner was over with before we knew it. Although it would help, like Vil claimed, the others felt like something was missing....

"Ugh...dinner's done but I'm still hungry..." Ace moaned.

"I know that feeling..." Kalim pats his shoulders. "Pretty tasty but it's just not filling enough for me!"

"It revolved specifically around vegetables, chicken breast and fruit as the main course. It was good enough for me." Jamil shrugged nonchalantly.

"He said it was to reshape our bodylines, not to control how we diet, right?" Deuce recalls.

"If it's all veggies I don't wanna eat it..." Grim whined. "I know me and Charlie aren't in this thing, so why are WE dragged into it as well?!"

"It's only been the first week and we're being pushed to our limits..." Charlie sighed, the taste of the chicken leaving a bland and papery taste behind.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"Eh? Who could that be at this time of night?" Grim asked. Charlie started moving as soon as she heard the ringing and opened the door to see several boxes stacked in piles and a deliveryghost with a clipboard in hand.

"Can I help you?" she asked curiously.

"Package delivery. For Epel Felmier of Pomefiore?" The ghost read off the clipboard.

Charlie moved the door open further as the first year mentioned steps up. "Uh, I'm the one you called for."

"Just sign here if you will." Epel takes the clipboard and pen and signs on the line. "Ten boxes in total. You want me to leave them outside?"

"T-Ten boxes?!" Epel handed back the clipboard.

"Yep! The sender's..." the ghost squints to read the small printing. "From Felmier as well. Someone of your hometown? Each one's heavy so be careful when you carry them."

"The whole hallway's filled with them

"The whole hallway's filled with them..." Deuce sweats nervously....

"Ah reckon it's from mee-maw....!" Epel's dialect slipped and he corrected himself, "U-uh! I-I mean...it's likely from my grandmother...Ugh, I thought I told her not to send these to me!" He sighed.

"What's up? Your grandmother sent yards of silk cloth for you or something?" Kalim asks.

"N-No. Nothing as pricey as that..." Epel shook his head. "Rather, my hometown produces lots of apples. It's probably just apple juice..."

"All this is juice?!" Ace was incredulous. "Man, you could open a small stand with this amount!"

"Oh wait...there's a letter on one of the boxes..." Epel plucks off the taped letter and opens it to familiar writing on parchment paper. "It reads... 'Here's a few surplus of the unsold stock. It'll likely expire soon. Don't hesitate to share with your friends.'......Ngh....will you stop giving me the extras!" He scowled lightly, but it turned sad quickly. "But I can't believe none of this sold..."