We Dont Talk About Bruno

"But!"

"It was our wedding day" Pepa sings, and you are transported to the town square, like you're really in a flashback.

"It was our wedding day" Felix echos, such a beautiful harmony. You notice they're both wearing white.

"We were getting ready and there wasn't a cloud in the sky" Pepa continues.

"No clouds aloud, in the sky" Felix declares.

"Bruno walks in, with a mischievous grin." Pepa intones. Now this was interesting. You look over and see a disgusting man, one sure to be evil. His skin and his ruana both reflect green, as if he's sickly. His grin, however, looks more like a smirk. He's done something, and he's going to watch it unfold.

"Thunder!" Felix belches, snapping your attention back to the newlyweds.

"You telling this story or am I?" Pepa thunders.

Felix runs his fingers along her arm, and she grins. "Im sorry mi vida go on~".

You don't listen much more, until Dolores pulls you and Mirabel in, this time inside La Casa Madrigal. Her voice doesn't come up louder than a whisper, but you understand what she means. You take a peak behind you, and see a hooded figure.. dancing? Is that Bruno?!

"Seven foot frame!" Camilo carols, switching back and forth between himself and Bruno. You really get a look at his face now, and you wish you hadn't. He looks like he's never slept a day in his life, like the deprivation has left a permanent look of insanity on his face.

"Rats along his back, when he calls your name, it all fades to black." Camilo melodizes perfectly, and you can't help but adore his singing. His movements are so graceful.. you can't help but smile.

"Yeah he sees your dreams, feasts on your screams." Camilo warns, and sand appears under your feet. You try to grasp anything you can, but fall, along with Mirabel, down deeper into the dungeon you're in. You make the ground thin and softer for our landing, when Bruno, no wait, Camilo, catches you. He puts Mirabel down, but lingers for a second with you. Or at least you think he does. It's probably just wishful thinking. Pepas side of the family sings to us as you exit the dungeon through a tunnel.

"He told me my fish would die, the next day, DEAD!" A woman holds up a dead fish.

"He told me I'd grow a gut! And just like he said!" The town delivery man sings.

"He said that all my hair would disappear now look at my head!" The Reverend said, tearing off a wig.

"Your fate is sealed when your prophecy is read!" The townspeople and Madrigals close in on you, and spin away. All spotlight is focused somewhere else, and the home seems all purple. You don't even need to look to know who's about to sing.

Before Isabella can say a word to you, Dolores takes your hand and leads you upstairs. She looks outside the window and gestures for you to look as well. All you see is the Guzmans and Señora Alma walking.

"He told me that the man, of my dreams, would be just out of reach.. betrothed to another~" Dolores cries, spinning into your arms and holding your hands. You look back and realize it's Mariano, boyfriend of Isabella, she wanted you to see. He must be proposing to her tonight.

"Isabella, your boyfriends here..!" Camilo says, shapeshifting into Mariano. As if on cue, Horsey Mchorseington come and grabs his arms, making him turn back into Camilo. You wonder if that's your fate. To watch Camilo, the man of your dreams, propose to Lilith. You know you can't let that happen. You'd probably die of heartbreak if that happened. All you know is that if he does propose to her, you won't recover.

"Time for dinner!" The Madrigals chorus in unison, now each singing their parts. You find Mirabel watching them, and guide her away. You enter the nursery again and spill out the pieces. Like the puzzle that it is, you assemble the vision, light spurring out of the connected pieces. When it's done, you both take a step back.

You let out an involuntary gasp. You and Mirabel  are standing, facing each other. Your right hand is holding hers, but it looks like you are arm wrestling without the table. Both of your muscles flexing, you stand in symmetrical poses like you are making a pact, or possibly connecting? Wind must be going around you, because your hair is flying behind you, but it makes no sense. The wind would have to be in opposite directions. Behind us, stands La Casa Madrigal, cracked and on the edge of breaking down. When you move around, however, it re-forms, looking the same as it does now. You don't understand it, how could you be involved in this? You've only really been hanging around with Mirabel for less than three days. You've rarely cried before, but now there's something choked back in your throat, not allowing you to speak.

You may very well be responsible for the imminent destruction of the Madrigal family.