The Golden Glowing Embers

"Can we uh, take a break?" Camilo begs, drenched in sweat, his clothes sticking to his skin.

"No."

"Y/n it's been hours! We have got to take a break!" Camilo protests, tripping over a branch.

Slash.

Vines fall in front of you, slapping the ground. You stay silent, hoping Camilo will drop it.

"Y/n please! My feet are killing me." Camilo cries, collapsing on the ground behind you.

"Camilo!" You drop down next to him, sitting on your knees.

"I'm fine, sorry. I know I'm holding you back." Camilo apologized, standing back up.

You sigh, looking towards the sun. "Know what? We made progress today. Why don't we set up camp?"

Camilo nods, grabbing a hammock from each bag. While he goes to set that up, you construct a few snares to catch some food. You can find plants in the wild, but meat is essential here.

The sun is nearly down by the time you get back to camp, so you start working on a fire. It takes a long time to find dry wood, but once you do, the fire starts quickly and burns bright.

You sigh, sitting down next to the fire. Camilo sits next to you, one arm around you. You lean into him, watching the embers glow.

"You know, under different circumstances, this would be nice." Camilo whispers, watching you, paying attention to every little detail.

"Why can't it be nice now?" You whisper back, looking up to his eyes, which reflect only you.

"I- it is. You look beautiful."

"So do you. Absolutely gorgeous." You giggle, wrapping your arms around his neck.

Something seemed to take control of you and Camilo. As if you'd done this a million times, he slides his hands down your back and around your waist, twisting you to face him. His other hand gently moved up your arm, to your collarbone, to the back of your head. You pull each other close, closer, and closer.

Your lips meet his, gentle and warm, yet you still wish to be closer. You wrap yourself around him, nobody around to interrupt you.

Nothing else matters. You wanted to stay like this forever.
....................................................................................

Forever passed in a heartbeat. In unison, you two pulled away, with much hesitation.

You look into each other's eyes, speaking more than your lips ever could.

The rest of the night is up to your imagination.