Vandetta

The two women seemed to be in a tousle, until Abuela whipped out her knife. The blade is small, crooked, and sharp. Several people scream and back away when they see the knife, but Alma just scoffs.

"Going to kill me off? Good luck with that, bitch." She laughs, not by any bit intimidated.

Abuela was not having that.

She flipped the knife, caught it, and forced it downwards, straight toward Alma's heart.

"Abuela, NO!" You shout, catching part of the handle but mainly stopping her hands from plunging the blade through your face.

"Get away, Mi Amor." She shoves you to the side, preparing to slash Alma's forehead. She steps over you, unfazed by your meek attempt to stop her murder.

"Abuela, stop!" You wrap your legs around hers, forcing her down to the floor with you. For an elder woman, she's surprisingly strong. Your Abuela pins you down, using the knife to pin your skirt to the ground. You try anxiously to pull free, but you can barely stand.

Your Abuela advances on Alma, although you don't know what she plans to do.

The answer comes soon enough. Abuela shoves Alma against the wall, pinning her against the side of the wall.

"You're sick. You deserve to be an outcast, your whole family!" Alma spits, giving a good shove to Abuela, though she shoves right back.

"I'm here because you couldn't accept second place!" Abuela roars, pulling and shoving her against the wall repeatedly.

"I was never second place! You just couldn't save your family, letting your anger get the best of you." Alma shrieks, slapping Abuela.

"Oh, like how you saved Pedro?" Abuela counters, laughing. "Admit it, Alma, without the candle, you're nothing. Your family has to be perfect, no room for anything less."

"I raised my children right! Yours are all murdering psychopaths! Something that clearly runs in your side of the family." Alma headbutts Abuela, effectively giving her some breathing room to move.

"You're a terrible mother. Your children never felt safe in Casita, in their home! And now, neither do your grandchildren. But it doesn't matter anymore, because you're not going to be here to see them grow up." Abuela slowly moves her hand up Alma's body, as if caressing it, before strangling her.

You frantically pull at the knife, begging someone to help you, but no one does.

Alma's face turns red.

A slight gasp and scream is heard as Pepa and Julieta Madrigal push through the crowd, just now seeing the chaos unfolding.

White.

Abuela's grip tightens, effectively popping several blood vessels and possibly causing internal bleeding and bruising.

Blue.

You're finally able to pull the knife from your clothes, sending it flying into oblivion.

Purple.

Alma's eyes are bloodshot red, looking like they're about to pop out of their sockets. You manage to shove Abuela away from Alma, effectively stopping the full blown murder attempt.

Alma falls to the ground, gasping for breath. Her children surround her, helping her stand and worriedly protecting her as you fight off your wild Abuela.

"That is enough! You two are both crazy!" You shout, changing the direction of their anger towards you. "What happened to being best friends? Your husbands are dead, and have been for years, boo hoo. Stop acting like children and get over it already!" You shriek, whipping your head around to yell at both of them at the same time.

"You!" You point to your Abuela, who looked stunned to see you lashing out like this. Normally, you bottle up your problems, but not this time. "You just tried to murder your best friend over a simple argument! Stop letting your power get the better of you!"

"Ex-Best friend." She mutters.

"Doesn't matter. I'll handle this, go upstairs. Please." You calmly shoo her away, much to her dismay. She casts a look at you, as if wondering who that Y/n really was.

You turn around to Alma. "And you. You're a terrible friend. Who insults their best friends dead husband, and then when she leaves lies about her, making her and her family an outcast. You don't hate her because she's wrong, you hate her because she's right. And you know what? Because of you, my family has led a horrifying life, fighting for the rights of others and coming home to hate. Because of you, all I've ever known is disrespect, and how to dodge spit and dirt you kick on us. And I hate you for it." You start out assertive, but your voice slowly becomes quiet. Then, with all your might, you yell again. "I hate you for it! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you."

As you storm out, every prisoner moves out of their way, as if they're actually going to be attacked.

The whole crowd just gapes at you as you ascend the stairs, steam practically coming out of your ears. You see that all the Madrigals are doing the same, shielding their Abuela. Antonio buried himself in Camilo's ruana, and you assume he's crying.

Camilo's eyes portray nothing but resentment, disbelief, but also something else.

He's grateful.

You don't care.

"Well? Get on with your lives, this place isn't going to run itself. It better be perfect by the time I get back!" You order, before sprinting upstairs and to your bedroom. You thrust yourself onto your bed, under your covers, and cry yourself to sleep.

I'm not doing this anymore. I've got to leave the Encanto.

A/n: Im currently making a lot of changes to this story, mainly just in format. It won't take as long for me to update, but it will still be a while. Hope you're enjoying the story!!