CHAPTER 43

Starting that day, whenever I visit the university, I'll always look for her and watch her from afar. Until one day I hung out with Prime and decided to take the first move on that girl. I badly want to meet and to know her even more.

"Prime, can I ask you a favor?" I uttered with a smile on my lips, eyes on those thick glasses and cute cheeks.

"What is it?" he asked, and I pointed to that girl. "Can you get her name,"

"Sure." I thought everything would go smoothly because I asked Prime for help but...

"How's the girl, you know her name already?" I ask Prime as she started as a trainee in this entertainment. "Yes, her name is Ellouise and we're already dating," I stop walking as what he said sank in my head, what?

"Are you for real?" he just nodded at me and left. I was left dumbfounded, and the sight of that beauty slowly fades inside my head.

Because of that, I just choose to bury myself with a lot of schedules, concerts, and projects just to forget that girl. But luckily, I met her inside the entertainment, only to know that she was the daughter of a famous model back then. Mrs. Chantel Lennon and she's the niece of our boss, Mrs. Valerie Austin.

I had the chance to get to know her, even more, when Mrs. Valerie put in a photoshoot project together, that's the time when I realized that I had to make some moves for her.

She was so gentle, sweet, pure, and innocent when I met her, and as days passed by the feeling inside of me burst out, I want to take good care of her, I fucking want to put her in my arms and avoid all the possible pain that will make her cry.

I was too fond of her, as she became my girlfriend, I slowly felt this suffocating feeling that she will leave me if I don't hold onto her just like my mom.

I became the person whom I hated, I became just like my dad and while avoiding the pain that can cause her to cry, I became the pain that she suffered for a very long time. And as I stared at her every night I slept in her place, it felt like the beauty and simplicity of a person who holds a lot of art of feelings started to change, it started to fade.

And every time those numb eyes look at me, it makes me feel like the worst person in her life. Kahit anong pigil ko sa aking sarili, I always became the toxic version of me and it became even worse when a friend betrayed me.

"Thank you so much for these flowers, Mr. Hidalgo, my daughter is a fan of yours, I hope you'd visit us sometime when she's back," Mrs. Chengco said as she handed me my diploma.

I was at a Singapore concert for our graduation, so I didn't have the chance to attend it and received my diploma on stage. But at least I finished my studies after all.

"Sure thing, Mrs. Chengco, by the way, have you seen Prime?" I ask, I haven't seen him for a few months already. "Oh, he went to England to develop his knowledge, even more, wasn't it amazing?" nakangiting sambit ni Mrs. Chengco. At first, I was shocked. Why didn't he tell me?

"By the way, I know this is too late but I want to ask you this Mr. Hidalgo," sambit niya at may inilabat na lumang test papers mula sa desk niya. Kunto noo ko itong tiningnan and this was Prime's test paper from our entrance exa—--,

I became stiff when I slowly recognized my handwriting on his test paper, what is the meaning of this. "I know you're a smart guy ever since, but it was too hard for me to believe that you failed your entrance exam back then? And why does Prime have the highest score when you both study together? What happened to you that day?" she asked.

And with that, I looked at my test paper, noticed that the name was erased before my name. And this is not even my handwriting, it was Prime's handwriting!

Anger started to build up inside of me. I put the test paper on her table and quickly left the place. I tried calling Prime's number but he didn't answer. I even searched for him on Instagram but I was blocked in his Instagram and even in his Facebook.

Hindi ko napigilan ngumiti, "You're guilty, Prime. Fucking guilty." I felt so betrayed, all this time. I treated him like my brother, what the fuck.

Because of that day, I became possessive, I don't want Ellouise to talk to him, because I know how far he could go just to get what he wants and he can do that to Ellouise. And I won't let that fucking happen. not anymore Prime.

"I said fuckin leave before I cut those hand who slap my rabbit, whore!" I darkly whisper, paulit-ulit kong nakikita sa aking isipan ang munting luha na lumabas mula sa kanyang mga mata.

I fucking mess up again, "Get out!!!" I shouted out of frustration, and as I heard the door close, I couldn't control myself and pushed the wall with all my strength.

I can't stop doing things that could hurt her, I fucking hate myself for being like this, I'm too paranoid, I kept on wanting to know if she really loves me and won't leave me.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!!! Ahhh!!!!"

"Pagod na ako," I stop when Ellouise speaks.

"What did you say, Ellouise?" w-what?

"Pagod na ako, pagod na pagod na ako Vlad." my heart just stops beating for a few seconds, and my body feels weak, no this is not happening, tell me this is not happening.

"I'll just ask you one thing, Rabbit," I whispered, but my heart was tearing into pieces.

She looked at me and waited for me to speak.

"Did you regret loving me?" I almost fucking stutter as my lips start shaking in fear. I love her so much that it feels fucking painful already. "We should stop this Vla—--," I cut her off and asked again, "I'm asking you Ellouise, did you regret loving me?" Please, say no.

Just say no and I'll do everything to fix us.

"No, Vlad I'm tired, I want to res—---," That's not what I wanted to hear. "Did you regret loving me, Ellouise?!?!" I shouted.

"Yes, I regret everything about you!!! I wish I had never met you; I wish I didn't ruin my life for you!! I regret you, Vlad!!!" He stood up and smiled at me.

"That's all I want to hear," in just a snap, I felt like everything shut down, everything seemed so black and numb.

"Why did you start seeing me at my worst, when you're the only person who sees me at my best, now, I'm losing you." I left, after that day I left her.

I was too scared to watch her leave me, so I'm the one who left, I was too weak to face all the pain. So, I fly to Rome to find someone. Someone who made me feel like this.

"I'm looking for Marie Faith Hidalgo?" I ask the old man who's selling bread in the same location here in the paper. "Why are you looking for my wife?" my lips parted as he said that and someone stepped out from the door with her short white brown hair, thin lips, and pure eyes.

"Who is it, Hon—--," she stopped when our eyes met. I looked at her, bigla kong naramdaman na parang lumiit ako. I felt like I was nine years old again, the young version of me staring at those beautiful eyes.

"V-vlad?" she uttered.

"Mommy!!!" and then three cute boys ran to her, and hugged her in her waist. "Mommy, can you cook us some pancakes please..." the boys said.

It's like a Deja vu, I was once asking that from her.

"Kids, go to your dad first, Mommy needs to talk to someone."

Someone...