CHAPTER 45

8 years passed by, and a whole new world was introduced to me. A new start with a mixture of some scars of the past. It rains and shines but the days must go on. I step forward and try to let go of the pain and face a better pace of life.

"The nominees were performed by an actress on a leading role," the screen flashes the pictures of nominees.

"Emma Colman, The Risk." Mrs. Emma was shown on the screen and each of us clap.

"Thun Kalh, Beauty."

"Porsha Yinling, Fading Prophecy."

"Ellouise Delavine, Philocaly" my face flushed on the big screen and I smile as everyone clapped after hearing my name.

"Maharam Kira, Goro."

"And our best actress in a leading role award goes to... Kacey Dalevine," my lips parted and eyes widened as they called my name. Kaagad akong niyakap ni Harley ng sobrang higpit.

"Oh my gosh, I knew it!" she whispered and shed tears.

"This is the first Asian Film Award of Kacey and the first nominee for the best actress in a leading role, she was the second Filipina who wins the award." lahat ng sinasabi nila sa akin ay tila hindi nagsisink in.

I hugged my sister Fiel before I took my steps towards the stage, they handed me the trophy and it just feel so unreal seeing it in my very own palm.

The music slowly faded and people stopped clapping, waiting for my speech. I just couldn't gather myself right now. I wasn't expecting to win.

"Ahm... Thank you so much, Asian Films Awards, all the women in this category you were all undeniably great in this field, and I look up to each and every one of you guys, it's the greatest honor just to stand along beside you, ladies. To my mom and Dad, my sister Fiel and Daphne, Tita Valerie, my little angel, and my whole family, I love you so much, thank you for everything. To Harley who didn't give up on me, the VLJ team, Boston, Julian, Harvin, and Dolce, thank you for always standing beside me, this kind of opportunity is very surreal and amazingly challenging. I wouldn't be able to stand here in front of all of you without the team, who made the movie so amazing. Thank you so much for this experience, adventure and dream. I will still be learning and cherishing this kind of moment, again, thank you everyone for this. Ladies and gentleman Philocaly!" itinaas ko ang throphy na aking hawak at ngumiti ng buong puso.

This is very un-real for me, it just didn't sink in very well until the ceremony ended. "I'm so proud of you, you deserve it!" wala sa sarili akong napalingon kay Fiel ng bigla niya akong yakapin. "Pardon?" I ask, hindi ko naintindihan ang sinabi niya kanina.

"Ang sabi ko sobrang deserve mo itong award ate!" sambit niya, sabay upo sa hotel bed na tinutuluyan namin. Ngumiti ako sa kanya, pero pakiramdam ko parang may kulang.

My smile instantly faded as that feeling concur with my whole system, napansin ni Fiel ang paglaho ng aking ngiti, at nang umupo ako sa kanyang tabi, pinagmasdan ang trophy na hawak ko. Ano ang pakiramdam na ito? Bakit lagi na lang itong nandito?

"What is it, ate?" she asked. "I don't know, I just feel weird, I mean I have everything we wanted already, the goals, the success, and the perfect career, but I feel deep inside of me, there is something missing, I just don't know what it is," I whisper and put the trophy on the side.

"Maybe you're just tired, you have to rest, uuwi pa tayo ng pinas bukas, I'm sure the fam will wait for us. You should rest." she tapped my shoulder before she headed to her room and closed the door.