-22-

Y/N's POV
You shut your eyes, tightly, breathing heavily as you held onto your stomach. It was the middle of the night and you didn't want to wake Armin. You looked up at the time.

"15 minutes apart. Okay, not bad. We good. We good." Your eyes fluttered shut as you tried to get some sleep in before the next one occurred.

You were having contractions. Now that you were 37 weeks, your baby was soon to come. Normally, your contractions were once or twice a day, but now they were becoming consistent. You didn't want to call Sarai because frankly, you didn't like her. So, you were relying on the internet.

You made sure to time your contractions to see how far apart they were. It started as 25 minutes, but had dilated to 15 minutes and now 10. You weren't sure what these numbers meant, but you continued to record them.

You let out a breath of air, holding onto your belly. You could feel your daughter kicking your hands. The contractions were painful, but nothing you couldn't handle. You weren't sure what you should do about them since the time apart get dilating.

"Baby, baby, what's going on? What's wrong? Why are you on your back? Why are you breathing so hard? Are you okay?" You accidentally woke up Armin from your heavy breathing. "Baby, Y/N, talk to me, love. What's wrong?"

Armin held your hand. You tried to, but you couldn't bring yourself to talk because of the pain. You were just trying to focus on how far apart the contractions were.

"Is it the baby? Are you having contractions?" You nodded. "Oh my god. Oh my god! OH MY GOD!" Your boyfriend screamed. "The baby's coming? Is she coming? Do you know?"

"Armin, get me to a fucking hospital and stop asking me questions." You managed to blurt out.

"O-Okay!" Armin scurried to the other side of the bed, helping you up, and you slid on your crocs. Armin quickly got dressed and helped you to the car. "You're doing great, baby. You're doing so good."

"Shut up." You sighed, sitting in the passenger seat. Armin blinked before closing the door and heading to the driver's seat, starting the car and driving off.

"Do you know how far apart they are? Your contractions?"

"10 minutes, but it's 8 now." You held your stomach, feeling a tightening sensation. "Fuck, that's 7. That's 7 minutes." You spoke.

"Okay, baby. Calm down. We're almost there. Breathe, okay? In and out."

"I know how to fucking breath." You blurted. "Oh my god, this shit hurts!" You screamed, banging your fist against the car.

"You're okay, babe. You're doing great. We're almost there, okay?"

"Okay."

"Breathe, baby, breathe."

- - -

"They were false contractions." Your doctor clicked their pen.

"What does that mean?" You ask.

"Basically, your baby is saying 'Hey, I'm coming soon and when I do, it'll feel a little like this.'" The doctor laughed. You and Armin stared at them in silence, no expression on your faces. The doctor cleared their throat before speaking.

"It's nothing serious. Your baby is just preparing your body for childbirth. These might occur a few times before you hit 40 weeks." Still stunned by the doctors' joke, you both nodded, letting the doctor turn away and leave.

"Fuck." You held your stomach, feeling another one.

"Babe, we need to talk."

"About what?" You rested your body against the bed, slightly out of breath.