-46-

You stared at your husband, not believing what you were seeing. Your eyes were sore from you continuously rubbing them. Your side was in pain as you continuously pinched yourself.

Armin was awake.

You've waited years for this day to come and here it was. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you laid your eyes on your daughter being held by her father. You couldn't comprehend the scene in front of you.

You frantically pressed the button that calls the nurse. She came running over and with tears in your eyes, you informed her that your husband had woken up. Armani was trying to have a conversation with her dad, but he couldn't respond yet, so she was getting frustrated. As the doctors and nurses rushed into Armin's room, you pried your daughter away from her dad.

"Daddy!" Armani whined, kicking her legs. You held your daughter in your arms, trying to calm her down as you entered the waiting area.

"Listen, baby." You sat your daughter in your lap."I know you miss daddy. Mommy misses him too, but the doctors have to make sure he's okay before we do anything else, okay?" She nodded. "Good girl."

"Mommy."

"Yes, baby."

"Is daddy coming home?" You smiled, nodding.

"Yes, baby. Daddy's coming home, but not today."

"Why not today?"

"Because the doctors want to make sure that daddy is healthy and strong enough to come home."

"Mommy."

"Yes, baby."

"Are you gonna kiss daddy when he comes home?"

"Who told you about kissing?" You narrowed your eyes at your daughter. She sat in your lap, covering her mouth, giggling.

"Aunty Mimi and Uncle Eren kiss."

"Yes, I know. Do they do that in front of you?" She nodded.

"They say bad words too." She whispered in your ear.

"Wha-! What do they say?"

"I can't say bad words, Mommy. You be mad at me."

"I won't be mad. Tell mommy what your uncle and aunty say."

"They say 'shit'." Your jaw-dropped hearing your three-year-old daughter swear. You couldn't help but laugh at her boldness to say the word.

"Do they say other words?"

"Yes, mommy, but I tell you later because they say bad bad words."

"Okay, tell mommy later." You smiled at your baby.

"Mommy."

"Yes, baby."

"Are we getting a new house?"

"You want a new house?" She nodded.

"I wanna slide."

"A slide?" She nodded, giggling.

"We can make that happen."

"Yay!" Armani exclaimed.

"Handshake, go!" Armani smiled as you and her did your shared handshake.

"Good job!" You smiled. "You have to teach daddy that when he comes home." She giggled.

- - -

You waited patiently as the doctors took their time evaluating your husband. Armani was provided crayons and a coloring book from the hospital to keep her occupied. She was getting hungry so you handed her some cookies, Oreos.