-48-

You fluttered your eyes open, seeing your husband cuddling your daughter. You smiled at the image, glad that you no longer had to imagine it. You stretched your arm out, petting your daughter's head. Armani slowly opened her eyes.

"Mommy." She mumbled, lifting her head.

"Hi, mama. Good morning." You smiled, whispering.

"Good morning." Armani greeted. She leaned forward and you kissed her lips.

"Did you sleep good, baby? Any nightmares?"

"No, mommy. I feel better."

"Okay, mama. You make sure you tell mommy whenever you have a nightmare, okay?"

"Okay, mommy."

"Okay, give mommy a kiss." She puckered her lips and you kissed your daughter. "Okay, let's get you ready for school." You threw the blanket off of you.

"What about Daddy?" Armani asked. You stood up from the bed.

"I'm awake," Armin spoke in his raspy morning voice, stretching. "Morning, mama." He smiled.

"Good morning, daddy." Armani turned to her dad. "Daddy kiss." Armin smiled, kissing his daughter's lips.

"C'mon, baby. Let's get you ready for school." You stretched your arms out. Armani crawled into your arms and you carried her.

"I can get her ready, babe," Armin spoke as he stood up from the bed while making it.

"Are you sure?" You asked as he walked over to you, taking Armani from your arms. "It's been a while and she's not a baby anymore."

"She's still my baby. I got her, you relax."

"I'll make her breakfast. What do you want, mama?"

"Pancakes."

"Okay, mommy will make you pancakes and daddy will help you get ready, is that okay?" Armani turned to her father before nodding. "Okay, baby, just make sure you tell him what to do."

"I will." Armani smiled.

"That's my girl." You kissed your daughter's cheek, before heading towards the door.

"Okay, daddy, first, I need shower."

- - -

You held onto Armin's arm while he held Armani's hand in the other. Armani was skipping while you all walked together to the building of her pre-school. She loved pre-school and had learned to make a lot of friends there. Plus, this was her first time getting dropped off with her dad.

You wanted Armani to experience everything you've been doing, with her father. She loved her father and hasn't seen him for four years. To you, it was endearing the love she had for him and seeing him take care of her like she was still a 7-month-old baby.

"Daddy, daddy!" Armani yelled as they entered the building.

"Yes, mama?"

"I go this way!" She pointed, dragging her father. You let go of Armin's arm, letting your daughter drag him around. "Look, daddy, this is my class!" Armani let go of her dad's hand, running toward her instructor. "Hi! This is my daddy! Daddy come!" Armani ran over, grabbing her father's hand, and pulling him towards her instructor. "Say hi, daddy!"

"Hi, nice to meet you." The instructor spoke. Armin smiled, shaking their hand.

"Hello."

"We heard about you on the news. We're so happy to see your family back together." They complimented.