-44-

(imma preface this by saying ion know NOTHING about the court or how it works, so if this ain't how it really works, i'm very sorry but bear with me please 🥹)

You walked into the courtroom with a heavy heart. Finally, you were going to (hopefully) get your justice. You felt the jury's eyes on you as you walked down the aisle. Your hands shook as you made your way to the desks. You sat down next to Hitch, who smiled at you. You flashed her a small smile, taking a deep breath.

You heard the door open behind you and felt everyone turning their heads to face the door. The dark aura that cast over you let you know exactly who had entered. You didn't turn to face her. Her presence alone made you ball your fists in anger. Never had you ever wanted to hurt somebody so bad.

Your leg bounced up and down, clenching your jaw while hearing the officers remove Sarai's handcuffs. You still avoided looking her way, you just couldn't bring yourself to.

"Good morning." The judge greeted. You sat up straight, ready to begin this trial. "Today, we have a trial with Y/N L/N against Sarai L/N. Same last name. Are you two related?" You didn't answer.

"Yes, judge," Sarai answered. Hitch turned to you in shock. You stared straight ahead, a little shocked, but not much because you had a feeling of this already.

"How?" The judge asked.

"Half-sisters. Same mom, different dads, judge." You shook your head in disbelief.

"Did you know?" Hitch whispered to you. You continued staring straight ahead, shaking your head.

"The hell?" You overheard your sisters' voice behind you.

"This sounds like news to you, Ms. Y/N." The judge noticed. You nodded.

"It is, judge." You shrugged.

"So, today, we have a trial on Y/N L/N against Sarai L/N. Half-sisters." You shivered, hearing the judge's words. All this time you were wondering if you were related to Sarai and finding out that you were, still came as a shock to you. "It's a shame to see your own people, sisters, on top of that, fighting against each other."

"Wait, till you see what she's put me through, judge." You called out.

"That's right. You weren't aware that you two were related." You nodded. "Okay." The judge took a deep breath. "Y/N L/N is the plaintiff. Sarai L/N, you are the defendant. The defendant can begin with their plea."

"Thank you, judge." You heard another voice; Sarai's lawyer. "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen of the jury." Murmurs were heard throughout the room of the jury greeting the lawyer.

"So, I guess she's not pleading guilty." Hitch turned to you. You nodded, looking down at your fingers. You knew when it came down to it, Sarai was going to fight for freedom.

"I knew it." You shook your head, looking up at Sarai's lawyer.

"My client here, Sarai L/N, is a young woman. She grew up with a single alcoholic father who sexually abused her. Sarai was forced to be put into foster care after her father had died in a car accident when she was just 9 years old; a child. Sarai ran away from that family because she felt that she didn't belong. Because of this, she was living on the street until the age of 12 when she was "adopted" by a man."

"One of the men that were arrested at the hospital?" The judge asked.

"Correct, your honor. Again, Sarai was sexually abused by him and their "gang" because she was the only woman in the gang. Where am I going with this? Your honor, my client Sarai Gizelle L/N is innocent because she suffered from trauma, resulting in the way she acted."