forty-one.

the worst idea ever

the worst idea ever

~~~~~

Elliot watched as Klaus was packing away some of the items in his mansion.

Yesterday, she had found out that he officially decided that he was going to be leaving Mystic Falls. That was some way to end the blissful day she had been spending with him. The worst part of all was the way he had worded what he said. He was the one leaving and never once mentioned that he wanted her to come with him. Hell, she had no clue if he even wanted her to go with him when he left.

Not that she would mind if he did.

But instead of voicing her opinions or questioning the words that had been spoken, here Elliot sat watching him pack away the life that he had made in the small little town. It almost felt as if he was planning on leaving her as well with all the discarded items that he no longer wanted.

Or maybe that was just her abandonment issues coming into play.

Her fear of being alone.

It was funny about how she had spent most of her life alone, but it was the thing that she feared the most. No, it truly was. Or maybe it was just plain ironic. She didn't care to figure out the difference anymore.

Not wanting to stay put and watch him do everything on his own, the brunette super soldier got off the couch and began helping him whenever he would need it.

At least this way, it felt as if she was at peace with the idea of him leaving.

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me."

Elliot and Klaus whirled around to see Rebekah enter the room with a distressed and panicked look on her face. "Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." Klaus told his sister, not liking the idea that there was someone he didn't trust in the town that could kill him.

"Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him." Rebekah continued. Elliot absentmindedly began running her fingers against the marks that were on her wrist because of her friend's mother. "He's too strong, Nik. Too strong."

"Where is he now?"

"He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring," The blonde vampire replied to her brother, sending a glance to her friend, "but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now." She said directly to her brother.

Elliot's face fell a little more at her friend's words.

Without so much as another word, the brunette slipped from the room and the mansion entirely without either of the vampires noticing her disappearance.