Alive and Kicking

St Anne's Church - Attic

Davina and Y/n are both at a desk studying Esther's grimoires taking notes as Mikael sat restlessly in a chair watching the Claire witches work

Davina and Y/n are both at a desk studying Esther's grimoires taking notes as Mikael sat restlessly in a chair watching the Claire witches work. "How frustrating. Novices trying to interpret the work of a master." Mikael sighs dramatically as Davina and Y/n share a look rolling their eyes in annoyance. "It's a simple de-linking spell." Davina defensively argued attempting to get back to work. "Simple? You're trying to erase the link between Klaus and every single vampire he's sired." Mikael argued back as he stood up walking toward the witches. 

"No. All we care about is Marcel and Josh." Y/n spoke annoyed, "You kill Klaus? They die, too. We can fix that. We have Esther's grimoire, it's just a matter of time." Davina said, as she raked her hand through her hair in frustration. "Perhaps I can help you solve the riddle." Mikael suggested as he stood in front of the witches with his arms crossed looking down at them. Y/n and Davina shared a look before looking back at him, "Sure, we'll just trust everything you say because you definitely wouldn't trick us into freeing you." Y/n sassed with a sarcastic smile. 

"You know, for somebody who despises Klaus so much, you both certainly share his paranoia. The sooner you two perform the spell, the sooner I'll be free to kill the bastard." Mikael spoke, as Y/n shifted uncomfortably at Mikael referring to Klaus as a bastard. Davina's phone beeped and she read the message from Kaleb. "Coffee? Now-ish?" she smiles at the message before getting up and nodding her head toward the door. Y/n got the message and followed her in leaving the attic making sure to shut the door. 

"Kaleb invited us to coffee." Davina mentions as they walk down the stairs, "Did he invite you or the both of us?" Y/n asked curiously, truly hoping he wouldn't have to third-wheel between them again. "What's the difference?" she asked, confused at what he meant. "The difference is that he might want to spend some alone time with you and personally I think he likes you more than me. So you go and I'm gonna follow up on something I've been investigating." Y/n explained as they stopped at the top of the aisle. 

"Oh? Do you need help? I can cancel." Davina offered, unhappy that her brother felt uncomfortable with Kaleb. "No, no. I'll be fine." Y/n shook his head, they shared a hug before walking down the aisle that lead out the church completely unaware of Kaleb who stood behind a pillar and had listened to their entire conversation.