The Map of Moments

"Leaving so soon?"

Outside the Mikaelson Compound

Y/n ignored the voice and continued walking but was stopped by the figure vamp-speeding in front of him, blocking his path. "Okay, okay. What do you want?" Y/n asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You're just going to leave? Cami's in trouble and she needs our help." he explained to Y/n who rolled his eyes releasing a deep sigh. "I don't think it's best if I stay here, Klaus and I aren't on good terms, and Davina and I just had a fight. So now's not the best time, Marcel." Y/n explained as he attempted walk again but was blocked again by Marcel. 

"Well, Klaus is gone and I heard what happened between you and Dee. Is it true? That you might feel something for the guy..." Marcel started, "Don't. Don't do that, you have no idea what I've been through!" Y/n interrupted, with a glare. 

"That's because you keep me at arm's length, Y/n! That's what you do to everyone, you need to talk to me." Marcel explained as Y/n rolled his eyes again growing increasingly annoyed, "You know, you'd actually have to try to talk to me before assuming I keep you at arm's length." he seethes, as the street lights begin to flicker. Y/n noticing his powers acting up turned his back to Marcel and began to try and calm himself down by taking deep breaths, eventually doing so as the lights stopped flickering. 

The sound of a hand colliding with wood caught Y/n's attention, he turned around to find Marcel sitting on a bench. He pointed his hand to the empty space next to him. "What are you doing?" Y/n wondered out loud, cocking his head to the side curiously. "We are going to talk. Now, sit down." Marcel explained, patting the empty space again. 

Y/n sauntered to the space and sat down. Both of them sat in silence watching what was left of the streets of New Orleans, the litter of people, either walking in couples or alone, most staring at shops others admiring the pretty signage.

"Okay...I guess I'll start." Marcel began, breaking the short silence that filled the area. "My vampires are learning, they are really starting to improve. Elijah's been teaching Gia, she's really making strides." Marcel started explaining, "How did you convince Elijah to teach Gia?" Y/n asked, as he continued to watch the pedestrians walk past. "Elijah likes to fix broken things so naturally he couldn't help but jump at the opportunity." Marcel shrugged. 

Y/n nodded taking in the information, he took a deep breath. "I went to the Ancestral Plane or Limbo, whatever it is. I saw...people I cared about die. You, Josh, Davina, all of you were dead. I've had nightmares about it, it's been messing with my head ever since." Y/n started, his eyes trained on his twiddling fingers, "And I saw my mom with me as a child. They took her away because they thought she was doing black magic." he finished, as he looked up to see Marcel looking at him in worry as he moved closer to the witch pulling him into a hug. 

"Hey, it's okay. We're all still here and we know you would never do something like that, okay?" Marcel assured as he held the witch he treated like a son close. "What was your mom's name? What about the sister, you know anything about her?" Marcel asked, hoping to get some info to help the witch. "Her name was Elizabeth, she was beautiful. Her sister was something like Jo, she had a choker scarf or something. That's all I know." he explained, they sat in silence. 

"Klaus told me he liked me." Y/n confessed, this time breaking the silence. "Am I gonna have to give him a speech?" Marcel asked jokingly, eliciting a giggle from the witch. "No, no. Because after that he told me I was his weakness and that I need to stay away from him." Y/n explained as he felt Marcel's hand rub his shoulder comfortingly. "Well, he made the biggest mistake of his life. I'm sure there's someone else who's going to love a powerful witch like you." Marcel comforted, causing Y/n to laugh more causing Marcel to start laughing as well.