Gonna Set Your Flag on Fire

Josephine LaRue's House

"This one doesn't come easy but when you have it, you will be able to sense all kinds of things." Josephine said as she sat in front of Y/n. The two witches were by the fireplace and discussing anything and everything. Josephine was currently teaching Y/n to master one of the wonders, Divination.  "I've already done Divination before. When I still had some of the power from the other Harvest witches." Y/n dismissed, as he continued to stare at the flames, entranced by the way it would dance across the wood. He found it intriguing for something to be so elegant but so dangerous at the same time. 

"I'm not teaching you how to do it. I'm teaching you how to master it, it's one thing to do it but mastering it is a whole new level. One that I think you could reach, with a little bit of guidance, of course." Josephine explained as she watched Y/n and noticed his distracted gaze towards the fire pit. "Okay, so what do I have to do?"  he asked, moving his attention to his aunt/mentor who gave him a small smile before stretching her hand toward him. Y/n quirked an eyebrow, "I noticed that you're not wearing that lovely necklace of yours." Josephine stated, her gaze focused on the young male witch whose hand flew to his neck feeling it bare. 

He directed his gaze back to his mentor who still held her smile at him. "I hid it somewhere. Try and find it." she instructed, gesturing to her hand. Y/n took her hand in his and closed his eyes as he took a breath to prepare. 

In the darkness of his eyelids, he began to see flashes of a room, the very room they were currently in. He opened his eyes and stood up, starting to walk around the room attempting to sense his necklace. He stopped in front of a vase, as he felt something he couldn't put his finger on. He placed his hand on the vase and a tingling feeling shot through his body. 

Y/n placed his hand inside the vase and pulled out an unfamiliar crystal pendant. The pink crystal looked as if it were split in half. It was tied to a leather string that held it together. Y/n placed the crystal in his hands and saw it shimmer as if a light had flashed from inside the crystal. 

"It's Rose Quartz, your mother gave it to your father. She imbued it with protection magic. She split it in half when you were born." Josephine spoke from behind the male witch, "I've seen this before, my father wore this half." he recalled quietly, receiving no answer as he continued to examine it. 

"Your pocket. Check your pocket. It was not a bad first try, we'll pick this up again another time." Josephine finalized as she exited the room. Y/n placed his hand on the outside of his pocket and felt the print of the necklace inside the pocket. He took the necklace out and put it on as well as the pendant. 

The pendant shimmered again and he felt calmer and his body slightly relaxed. His phone rang in the other side of his pocket and saw the name flash across the screen, Cami. "Hey Cami, What's up?" he answered as he began to collect his things to leave Josephine's home. "Y/n, hi. Are you busy right now? I just need your help with something." she responded.

"Of course, where do you want to meet?" he asked as he left the LaRue house shutting the door behind him. "Your place?" she asked, "Sure, I'll see you in a bit." Y/n confirmed as he continued away from the LaRue house, on his way home.