City Beneath The Sea

Lafayette Cemetery

Dahlia is in one of the tombs, which is full of lit white candles. She is kneeling in front of a small altar on which a stone cauldron full of blood sits. She mixes the blood with her fingers, coating them in the blood, before waving her fingers in the air. 

We define ourselves by our family.

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus is still laying in a coffin, where the golden dagger Kol and Davina made is still stabbed into his chest, desiccating his body. Rebekah and Elijah stand beside him, looking conflicted and guilty about what they've done to him.

From birth, we share their names...

Bayou

Hayley, Jackson, and the rest of the Crescent pack are busy unloading their vehicles while Hayley holds onto Hope protectively.

Entrust them to protect that which we hold most dear.

Griffith Manor/Pendant World

In the Griffith Manor, Y/n's body lies in the middle of the living room while the pendant around his neck glows. 

In the Pendant World, Y/n is sitting on the couch talking to the spirits of his family: Josephine, Elizabeth, and Victor. The three spirits all pay attention to the youngest member of their clan as their faces contort to worry as he continues to talk. 

Commune with them in times of need. 

Aiden & Josh's Apartment

Josh has just returned for the first time since Aiden's death. When he walks through the door, he sees a note that Aiden left for him on the counter which reads, "Call me when you get home. - A," which he picks up with a hand that is still stained with Aiden's blood. After reading it, Josh sighs deeply and closes his eyes in grief.

We value them above all others, and yet we are inevitably forced apart.

Kol's Playhouse

Davina is working on a spell at one of the tables, which involves a magic circle created with black sand, lit black candles, several dead birds, and Kol's paragon diamond. She holds her hands out over the ritual set-up and murmurs silent words under her breath. After a moment, Davina grows discouraged and sighs as she rests her hands on the table.

Promises are made and left unkept.

St Louis Cathedral 

Freya is working on her own spell in the bell tower, using dozens of lit candles to fuel her magic. She takes a break and stares out the window worriedly, nervously gripping her pendant. 

Children, in particular, turn their backs on those who raised them, seeking lives of their own.

Lafayette Cemetery

Dahlia continues to swirl the blood in her cauldron with her fingers as she works on her spell. She looks up at the ceiling as she rubs her bloody fingers together, and her eyes roll to the back of her head as she senses Klaus laying desiccated in his coffin at the compound.

The bond of family is not a bond forged on choice. In fact, some would see family as a terrible burden.

 In fact, some would see family as a terrible burden