Fire with Fire

Lafayette Cemetery 

Lightning and thunder rumble overhead while Rebekah and Davina, who have set up an altar outside the lycée, prepare to unlink Eva's body from Davina and the other New Orleans witch children. As the two girls stand across from each other around the altar while Rebekah finishes lighting their candles, Vincent and Y/n stand nearby for moral support.

"All right, then. Just a little bit of witchy business. How difficult can it be?" Rebekah states nervously, getting an encouraging smile from Davina as Vincent and Y/n walk toward them. 

"Now, remember the hard part was Eva-- He crosses his index and middle fingers -- linking herself to the kids. And now, it's your body, so you just gotta-- He flicks his wrist -- do the unlinking yourself."  Vincent explains, trying to calm the nervous Rebekah while Y/n's gaze is focused on the sky. 

He could feel something about it. Something that didn't seem natural. He was nudged out of his thoughts by his uncle. "Read what I wrote, "Abracadabra," link severed." Vincent finishes, gesturing to the spell that was on the altar. 

"Lovely. Here's hoping I don't turn us all into a horde of bullfrogs." Rebekah jokes, as she and Davina share a sigh. 

"Remember what I told you, magic is what you will it to be. It's all in your control, Rebekah." Y/n soothes as he rubs her shoulder before taking a step back with Vincent. Davina reaches out and takes Rebekah's hands in her own so she can channel her.

"Sai por ce kai sai ma nous couve gran. Sai por ce kai sai ma nous couve gran." Rebekah and Davina continue to chant. "Almost there. Keep going," Vincent encourages as Rebekah continues to chant while Davina stops allowing Rebekah to finish the spell. 

"Sai por ce kai sai ma nous couve gran." 

Suddenly, Davina and Rebekah's hands are magically thrown apart, and the girls look at each other in confusion before looking over at Vincent and Y/n. 

"Is it finished?" Rebekah worriedly asks. Vincent pulls out a switchblade and flicks it open before he hands it to her, "Only one way to find out." 

Rebekah reluctantly takes the blade and slices her fingertip open with it. Afterward, she looks up at Davina, who smirks and holds up her wound-free finger, clearly proud of Rebekah for successfully casting the spell. Y/n, Rebekah, and Vincent seem relieved by this outcome.

The witches continue to de-set up the altar until Marcel arrives to fetch Rebekah, who informs him of the success of the delinking spell. Vincent and Davina head into one of the tombs, leaving Y/n with Marcel and Rebekah. 

"I can walk you home or take you to the compound?" Marcel offered the Claire witch, who was busy packing books into his bag. 

"No, I have things to do." Y/n curtly responded and walked into his family tomb leaving Marcel and Rebekah.