The Brothers That Care Forgot

Griffith Manor

Y/n woke from his slumber as the rays of the sun shone through the curtains illuminating the room and heating the side of his face where it hit. Y/n was in his bed with his face aimed at the ceiling as he recalled moments from the previous night. Klaus, the words spoken by the hybrid and the feelings they cause rush back to him like a child chasing a parent. 

The feelings of hurt and heartache returned causing the witch to release a sigh. He rolled out of bed and sluggishly moved to the bathroom to prepare for a shower and a new day. 

Y/n moved down the stairs, dressed in the same clothes he wore the day before, and moved into the living room to examine the house. He walked to the fireplace which had a shelf of faded photos of people with his mother, he assumed they were friends or family.

The male witch traced his finger on the image noting his mother's features: her earthy brown hair, her blue eyes, and the joyous smile on her face which a small smile etch its way onto Y/n's face. He placed the photo down and moved to another where he noticed a man in the photo who look vaguely familiar until he realized that was Vincent. 

Y/n moved past the fireplace and stopped at the sight of the bookshelf, across the room shivers traveled across his body, as he felt something from it. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on the energy he was feeling before aiming his hand out toward the shelf and a book came flying out of it and into his hand. 

He opened his eyes to the title-less book before opening it to find crusty pages, ink letters, and symbols. "A grimoire?" he asked himself as he read and stared at the book looking at spells he hadn't seen before. Before he could read any further, his phone rang in his pocket causing him to close the book as he took out the phone that flashed Cami's name on the screen. 

"Hey, Cami." he answered, earning a tired response. "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't see your messages. I only woke up now, did you wanna talk?" Y/n could hear her tiredness through the phone, "It's fine, you should probably go back to sleep." Y/n suggested as he place the grimoire on a nearby table. "No, I should be awake by now anyways. Do you want to come over so we can talk?" she invited, Y/n thought it over before releasing he could use a rant, "Sure, I'll be over in about an hour." he accepted as he packed a light bag before leaving the house. 

Cami's Apartment

Cami's Apartment

Cami sat in her armchair as she watched the male witch pace back and forth ranting about the recent events of his life. "...so he then tells me how much of a weakness I am to him.  It's all so overwhelming, first my trip to Ancestral Limbo, then Klaus, and now Davina." he huffed as he flung himself onto the couch opposite Cami. 

"What's wrong with Davina?" Cami asked. "She's been M.I.A, she hasn't answered any of my calls or texts." he explains before standing up, "Maybe she's busy or in trouble. I should do a locator spell just to be sure." he suggests as he tries to move around Cami's apartment, he hears footsteps behind him and a hand gently latches on his wrist.