Ashes to Ashes

Pale Orchard River

Klaus is leaning against his parked truck, whereas Hope is sitting quietly in her car seat in the trunk. Next to her is Freya's unconscious body as well as Y/n's unconscious body. Several feet away, Dahlia has set up a small table, on which she has created an infinity symbol with salt and lit candles, where two small pewter chalices sit within each circle in preparation for her linking spell. 

Klaus sighs audibly, and she glances at Klaus for a moment before speaking. "You're quiet. Are you having misgivings?"

Klaus' gaze shifts to Dahlia as he smirks. "I was just looking for a polite way to ask, 'What the hell is taking so long?'"

 "Well, we can begin now." She answers, gesturing to the table. 

Klaus' smirk wipes off of his face, and he tilts his head curiously at her as he waits for further explanations. Dahlia smiles at him, visibly pleased about winning.

"Once we're linked, I'll no longer have to sleep a hundred years again. Your concerns for my status will ease, and I'll finally be able to focus on Hope."

She looks over at Hope, who is still sitting quietly in the car. Klaus looks over at Hope as well, and Hope turns her head to look at her father. After a moment, Dahlia walks toward him.

"I will only need one drop of her blood--" She starts as Klaus sighs and stands to his feet, blocking her from coming any closer to Hope and giving her a patronizing smile."--And then her power shall be mine also." She finishes explaining. 

Klaus looks into the backseat, where Freya and Y/n lay unconscious. "What do you want to do about them?"

"They've served their purpose." Dahlia answers before looking up at the moon to see it in its waning crescent phase. "So, tonight, at the moon's apex, I'll end Freya's life, and once our link is severed, the bond that I share with your daughter will become permanent. I would accept Y/n into our bond but he has proven to be difficult, I'll leave you to do what you please with him."

Klaus does not seem pleased about Dahlia's reaction or her plan in general, but he does his best to keep his intentions concealed by smiling at her. "Best get on with it, then."

He pushes past her and walks toward the table, and Dahlia follows behind him. Once there, she holds out her hand, which Klaus takes and clasps tightly. Dahlia waves her free hand over the table before she begins to chant.

"Medareno sometswar. Medareno sometswar."

Mikaelson Compound

Gia's charred corpse is still laying on the floor of the courtyard where she died, and Elijah looks devastated as he covers her body with a sheet. Cami, whose hands are still smeared with blood after pulling Papa Tunde's blade out of Elijah's chest, drinks a cup full of his blood to heal after Klaus attacked and fed on her, grimacing at the taste as she swallows it. Once she's done, Elijah turns to her, looking furious as he growls quietly

"So, now that you have healed, what do you mean, Niklaus had a plan?!" Elijah starts as he raises his voice in frustration. "We had a plan! A plan he has mercilessly destroyed--"
"Your plan wouldn't have worked, Elijah! When Klaus got into my head, he said your plan would fail, so he had to enact one of his own." Cami loudly interrupts, causing Elijah to glare at her, stunned and frustrated by this revelation. "And what might that be?"
"He has to get her to link to him."

Pale Orchard River

Dahlia is continuing to chant the incantation as she and Klaus clasp hands. After a moment, the pewter chalices in front of her start to fill with blood, which begins to pour over the rim and onto the table. From there, the blood travels toward the center of the infinity symbol. Klaus can barely cover up his displeasure at this event while Dahlia sways and clutches onto his hand tightly.