When the Levee Breaks

Mikaelson Mansion

Y/n enters the courtyard to see his aunt standing in front of Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah. "Auntie Jo." he calls out as he walks toward them. "What are you doing here?" he asked as he stood next to her.

"Forgive me for not informing you, my dear, and to you Elijah for calling so early, but, I've come bearing a message from your aunt Dahlia." Josephine lightly smiles, as Y/n moves to stand next to Klaus. 

"She is owed a debt, and she means to be paid." She informs. "She can writhe in Hell first." Klaus weakly smiles in return.

"For merely taking what your mother promised her?" 

Klaus' fake smile turns into a glare as Y/n's expression turns to confusion as he wonders how his aunt knows this.

"If you must harbor hatred, isn't it better spent on the one who traded your child away a thousand years ago? Blame Esther, if you must, but I seek only to fulfill a bargain. A bargain that, consequently, resulted in your very existence. Perhaps you should be thanking me?" Josephine states, monotonously causing Y/n to realize. 

Elijah, Klaus, and Rebekah all begin to scowl and glare at her as Elijah steps toward her, staring at her intently. "Dahlia." Elijah recognizes. "My child-- I prefer Aunt Dahlia." Josephine/Dahlia smile in return. 

"What the hell did you do to my aunt?" Y/n asks as he walks closer to her, only to be stopped by Klaus' hand that gently rested on his arm. Josephine/Dahlia looks at the young witch with a smile. "Such power. I only came for what is mine." she informs as she sighs boredly. 

The spell that reanimated Josephine's body begins to weaken, and her throat begins to bleed profusely from underneath her choker as she continues to speak. 

"The time has come to add the child's power to my own. Though, I do not detect her here. I see you've used a spell to cloak her. No matter-- such spells will yield, as will you. Say your farewells. You have 'til nightfall tomorrow, and then the child shall be mine. Be a dear and inform the mother? No reason we can't be civilized about this." she finally speaks, while blood leaks from her choker. 

"No, no, no." Y/n cries, causing Klaus to pull him into a hug as Josephine's body falls to the ground, dead. Klaus affectionately strokes Y/n's head as he cries on his chest, Elijah and Rebekah look sadly at the scene, still disturbed at the message Dahlia brought. None of them were aware of the glow that emanated from Y/n's pendant. 

Lafayette Cemetery

Lafayette Cemetery

"We are gathered here today, to say goodbye to our former Regent, my aunt, Josephine LaRue. She was well-respected and not for no reason. She cared about all of us and wanted nothing but our protection. She was strong and courageous, her loyalty was admirable and her devotion to taking care of every witch was what her special as a regent. She will be forever missed." Y/n spoke, standing next to the LaRue family tomb, facing a crowd of witches holding candles.