Parker [chapter 3]

She was never meant to find out he was Spider-man. Not at all. He just saw some creeps following her trail when she was walking home one night, so he chose to follow her just to be safe. Said creeps did end up sneaking up on her and getting too close for his own comfort. So he decided to step in before things could spiral out of control.

"Harassing women?" he shot a web at one of the man's hands and attached him to the wall from the force of the shot. He 'tsk'ed, shaking his head in disappointment, "That is not very heroic. Sorry, but I'll be handing you over to the police for this."

The one stuck to the wall was too busy trying to free himself to care what some bug hero had to say. But his efforts were futile, for only the strongest of the strong could free themselves from Spider-man's webs. The other stopped trying to pounce on the person Spider-man was protecting, and instead glared at the hero for blowing his cover. She hadn't noticed the two bad guys lurking behind her just yet.

"Why don't you go help stop a bank robbery instead of messing with us two lowlifes," the one not on the wall grunted.

At that point, y/n had fully stopped and turned around to witness the scene going down. There was a small amount of fright that flickered in her eyes. Had she really been so caught up in her own thoughts she almost got abducted by some dudes?

Spider-man was sitting on top of a streetlamp that was on the verge of going out. He was in his signatures crouching position while he conversed with these bad guys. "At least you're self aware. Now let's dance and see who gets to keep the pretty lady."

Hold up, was she really being fought over like some toy?

Before she could say something snarky to what the hero had said, he jumped of the light post. Landing on his feet and hands, he started to crawl around like a spider. He was sheltered by the shade of a building, and his silhouette could be seen for a brief moment before he completely disappeared into the shadows.

"Where'd that freak go?" the hoodlum asked, frantically looking around for the now invisible hero.

"Look up," Spider-man's voice was easily heard from above. All three of the people on the ground looked up to see him on a roof. He was standing with his arms crossed, the moon behind him making it nearly impossible to see the design on his suit. "Now you see me..." he jumped down and once again disappeared into the darkness of a shadow. "Now you don't."

The air seemed to still for a moment as everything went silent. The crooks were listening out for any sign of him. But they couldn't hear anything. Maybe he'd come to his senses and realized there were bigger issues to be addressed than whatever they planned on doing.

"Peekaboo," he definitely did not give up.

A web shot out of a shadow, and the other crook had his face covered. It eliminated one of his senses for the moment. Another web shot out, and the hero was back in the light for the two that could see to see.

The hoodlum attached to the wall tried to help his buddy out, "On your right!"

But Spider-man was just too quick. He slammed his foot into the side of the man's head and sent him flying onto the pavement. Blood could be seen coming from the man. Wether it was from the kick itself or the impact of the ground from the kick was unknown to the three.

Spider-man could be heard opening his mouth to add another sly comment, but police sirens blared over it. He looked down the street to see red and blue lights flash against walls. The sound of sirens started to get louder.