Web Shooters [chapter 15]

"I can't have your eyes, but our kids can," Spider-man stood leaning casually on a light post in front of the girl. He had his masked pulled up so it was just above his nose. Peter flashed a toothy grin.

The girl was too baffled from what she saw to even care about the flirty line he'd just delivered. On any normal occasion, she would've scolded him, hit him, and then went on with her day. But that wasn't the case this time. Peter had just taken down three villains targeting her in hand to hand combat.

Yeah, that's right. No webs.

It wouldn't have been so shocking if she hadn't just assumed his webs were the only thing that gave him such a huge advantage. He looked scrawny anyways. In her defense, she'd only ever seen him fight while using his webs. That was the first time she'd ever seen him do hand to hand combat. And she was not expecting him to emerge victorious so easily. Or so quickly.

"You're too dangerous to be around me," she mumbled. Then she turned and walked away in an almost drunken manner. Off in the opposite direction of Spider-man... and her apartment.

Peter scrambled to catch up to her, giving an unsure chuckle when he did, "Dangerously attractive...?"

She turned to him with a blank face and blinked. It was just a one second pause before she continued right on back to walking in the direction she'd originally been walking away from. This threw Peter off. He was expecting her to combat him with an insult; he'd intended for his second flirty comment to bring her out of the daze she was in.

But it didn't, and she was still stumbling in the wrong direction.

"Um... sweetie?" Peter wrapped and arm around her shoulders and forced her to come to a complete stop. His mask was back down to covering his full face once again. "You're going in the wrong direction." He thought for a moment before proposing an idea, "Here, why don't I walk you home. Okay?"

She pointed at him with a shaky finger, "You're too dangerous."

"Okay," Peter answered himself and turned around with his arm still around her.

He half lead the two to her apartment. That was after he made sure there were police on the way to lock up the crooks who'd just tried to assault her. He didn't forget to take notice of the pins on their shirts though. If he wasn't so sure before, then he definitely was now.

Someone was targeting him, and now, someone he was close to.

With that in mind, Peter made sure to constantly check and make sure nobody was following him. It would not benefit him if they knew where y/n lived. In fact, that would only make it so much worse.

Peter opened the front doors to her apartment building when they reached it. He got the two of them inside and helped her up the stairs. When they reached the doors of her apartment itself, he held out a hand for her to give him the keys. And, for someone who seemed to be completely detached from reality, she was quick to hand them over.

Then she was in her room, and suddenly she was back.

"Is l/n okay now?" Peter asked cautiously. He had sat down on the lower bunk with one hand placed behind him; in which he leaned on for support. The other hand went up to his face. Spider-man pulled off his mask to reveal a sweaty, slightly flushed, messy haired Peter.

She squinted her eyes at his face before nodding. Maybe it'd be better if she stayed on his good side so she didn't end up getting curb stomped by him or something like that. "Yeah."

Peter raised a brow at her unusualness. He should've gotten a remark like 'Shut up, I'm always fine!' in response, so he was disappointed to get something else.