Mommy [chapter 21]

"Where's Shit-For-Brains?" Flash asked the girl after their math class ended. They'd had all the same classes, and neither of them had seen Peter once that day.

She had convinced herself he only skipped today so he could get out of presenting in science. But after science, Peter would've come back to school. He didn't like doing makeup work, so he'd drag himself through those halls even if he were sick. But he was still no where to be seen. There also hadn't been any news reporting of Spider-man helping with something.

He simply wasn't there.

"I don't know," she admitted, walking with Flash through the halls to their next class. "I'm thinking about stopping by his house after school. You want to come with, or do you have practice?"

Flash shrugged, "I'll go with."

"You don't have practice?" y/n asked in surprise. Last she checked, he had practices all days of the week except for Wednesdays. It was Thursday.

"Oh, I do," he spoke casually, holding the door to their next classroom open for her. "I just don't care. I'm already the best person on the team. Might as well give the others a chance to catch up just a little bit."

She rolled her eyes. Always so cocky. Even so, he wasn't exactly lying either. Flash was good at sports. He'd always been that way. Since they were younger, he was able to shoot the most accurately, or throw the farthest. The only plus side about having him as a frenemy was gym. He would team up with them on games that allowed it and help them out.

Ok, there might've been a few more positive things, but that was the one she liked the most.

"One of these days you're gonna lose miserably. And when you do, you're gonna feel like an idiot," she stated, sitting down at her desk. She watched Flash chuck his bag a seat in front of himself, taking a seat in Peter's desk. "I'll laugh when it happens."

Flash gave a sarcastic smile, dropping it just as quickly as it had come onto his face, "You're funny."

"Thanks," she monotoned.

When the bell for that class rang, she went on autopilot. She could answer questions, go to her classes, and even properly do her work. She could call Cairo to tell him where she was going, and text May to ask what was wrong with Peter. But she wouldn't be able to remember any of that later on when she was on her way to the Parker's.

"Why are we at the drugstore?" Flash asked. He curiously picked up a pregnancy test, read the box, and set it down hurriedly with a panicked look when he realized what it was.

She let out a huff of amusement at him, "Parker got the flu, so I'm getting him stuff."

"He did?" Flash asked. He didn't really wait for any particular answer before he started to help her in the hint of looking for anything and everything that could possibly be helpful in curing Peter's sickness. "I'll pay for them... or flirt my way out of paying."

An eye roll was given, "You're almost as bad as Parker." He was actually worse. Unlike Peter, he wasn't ashamed. And he certainly didn't get anxious about it later on when he got a moment to think a both what he'd actually done.

Peter liked to get things out of people who were very obviously attracted to him. But he wasn't very upfront about it. Flash was the same way, but he would admit he was.

"Free stuff is free stuff," he just didn't care.

They grabbed some medicine, headache relief, and some candy. It wasn't any name brand stuff. Just something they could buy using their transportation money. Which they actually didn't end up having to pay for. Apparently Flash wasn't joking when he said he would flirt his way out of having to buy the stuff.