A Different Type of Savior

Crystal Lyson Point of View

I awake with a jump, everything around me is blurry and a cold hand rest on my shoulder. The cold of the cell floor bites into me reminding me of my failure.  Aurelius crouches next to me, clicking off the chains that hold me to the wall.

Weak, so weak.

"Such a shame. I would have enjoyed having your sexy body next to mine in the bed, but it is also important for you to learn..." He smacks his tongue a couple times waving his finger at me like you would to a small child. 

My palms fall to the floor letting the dirt fly around my hand filling the creases, my undergarments a collection of dirt and blood, "Learn what? That you are a fucking prick?" My jaw cracks when I move it, my body finally starting to heal itself with only a minimal ache left. 

"You really don't learn, do you?" The spit from his words spread over my face, a lovely way to say good morning.

"What is there to learn? That you are a demeaning asshole that has a large god complex?"

"I could kill you for speaking to me like that." A hand wraps around my throat, dragging me up into the air my oxygen slowly depleting.

"Then do it. You need me for something, so I doubt that killing me will fulfill your fucked up plan." This time, my spit covers him, his grip tightening.

"You think you have me figured out, don't you? What if I tell you you're right? My plan does include you alive and well, but don't you think for a second that it's a requirement. I can get what I want from you alive or dead, you being alive just makes it more enjoyable."

Vincent Lyson Point of View

All of us, including the women, meet in the office going over the plan. The techs were able to create a device for us, quickly with the amount of fear I ingrained in them and were able to deploy it to the bunker. Each of us stand together watching the monitor as the device moves over the city dropping altitude, Sunni breaths in stepping closer to get a better look, all of us letting her.

"I do know this place; I could at least get us to the bunker. It is close to the old school grounds before the new building went up." Hearing her deeper voice is still an adjustment, Mark fighting every urge to silence her, my glares keeping him under control.

The women have proven themselves valuable, no fights or disagreements when we called upon them both demanding to be led to the office as soon as possible. The alien in me can't help but be proud of them and the friends that Crystal has made, but also the fierce love that they have for their Queen, especially Stella.

"Do you think you could get us into the bunker with only this footage?" Mark breaks the silence, the device dropping into the pipeline going through the puzzle to work its way down.

"If I am honest, I have no idea. Not once in my life have, I tried to go somewhere that I haven't been physically. It's always been a limitation, but that doesn't mean it's impossible." She places a hand on her hip, a knock on the door sounding calling my attention away from the screen.

I let them keep their eyes on the monitor walking over to the door to find Mary in Jeffs arms two pairs of shoes settled on her stomach, "Please, both of you, come in."

Jeff comes through the doorway, the couples turning to see Mary dangling in his arms, Stella being the first to speak up, "Mary! Mary! Come here!"

We all watch as Jeff visibly tightens his hold on her, my hand falling to his back, "Let her go, Jeff. This is a safe space. The women are helping us."