Is Alien Sex a Kink?

Crystal Knoll Point of View

Smoke from the fire reached my nostrils and I breathe in the fumes letting comfort of the smell fill my lungs with warmth. A small smile graces my lips and I look up to the sky and lay down on my back the fire warming my feet.

"Crystal! Get away from that fire you will burn so badly just from the sun! No need to get a second layer from the fire." My overprotective dad yelled, and I sat up looking into his green eyes.

I got most, maybe all my features from him. He has brown hair, green eyes, a pointy nose, and is kind of a small guy, and I have brown hair, green eyes, and a pointy nose. The only difference between us is our cheekbones, I got mine from my mom, high and mighty. They make me look thinner than I already am.

"Dad, I have lived by a campfire my whole life, I do not get sunburns. If I do, they turn into a tan two hours later. I'm completely fine." I roll my eyes and he sighs and walks to the picnic table to grab the hot dogs that we are going to cook for lunch.

When we had fully eaten dad brought out the same cupcakes we get every year on this dreadful day, they were her favorite.

"To mommy and sissy." We chorus together and both of us take a bite letting the buttercream fill our senses.

Today is the day my mom and my unborn sister died. My mom was going to work when a man ran a stop light and t-boned her on the driver's side. It killed her almost instantaneously. The man wasn't drunk, or anything just didn't see her in the small car she always demanded to drive.

The man that hit my mother, for the longest time, tried to make it better, but there is almost nothing he could have done to make it better.

Every year my dad and I come to this camp site because this is where my mom dragged us every year on her birthday. She always loved the break of nature from the city and the smoke from the fire to color her face as she ate her melted marshmallows and told us ghost stories she most likely heard from her mother and her mother heard from her mother.

I was ten when she died, that was eight years ago. The moment when we get home from the camp trip, I have to pack up my room, I have college to attend. Being accepted into college is great and all, but I am going to miss my dad. He was there when the cops came to the door and told us the news, he was there when I almost decided to drop out of school.

"We go home tomorrow you know. Are you ready for your life to change forever?" My dad said as we laid on our separate blanket piles in the tent in the middle of the night. The fire had long been put out and now we were trying to go to sleep.

"When have you put it like that...no? I'm going to miss you and all the things that we do. I am going to miss this kind of stuff. I'm going to worry about you... I just don't know what I'm ready for, and I don't know what I am not ready for. Do you get it?" I say quietly letting my voice lead us into silence.

Every breath could be heard in the tent and every shuffle was noted. My dad looked anxious as he tried to sleep, holding his breath, and clinging to his pillow, almost as if he is expecting something.

I watch him turn over again, sitting up checking his watch, his eyes flashing over to me to see I am still wide away watching him. A deer in headlights almost.

It didn't say silent forever. A loud ear-piercing sound entered the tent, and I covered my ears while my dad moved toward me with an expression telling me he expected the loud intrusion. He was talking under his breath and looked at me in the eye, "You are going to come out there with me and I don't want you to say a word. I mean it, don't answer his questions, and please, for the love of this planet, don't judge me too harshly."