Earth and their Weakling Leaders

Whoops. I just keep accidentally updating new chapters even though its published.

Silly me. ;)

Vincent Lyson Point of View

"Crystal." I whisper against her neck as I peck light kisses down her throat teasing the area around her mark as she presses into me, "Such a beautiful name."

She moves against me trying to get out of my hold, her energy changing to a discomfort as she walks to the edge of the office placing a hand on her hip. My ears pick up on her racing heart, it seems she is trying to calm herself after our interaction.

"That won't happen anytime soon." She retorts and runs her hands through her brown hair letting her fingers catch the knots. Her voice is wavering, not convincing in the slightest, a chuckle coming from me in response.

"You say that like I can't smell your arousal for me."

"You can smell that?" Her eyes go wide, her hands going flat against the grey dress she wears trying to pat herself as if to pat away the scent.

The alien in me comes out, stepping toward her with a darker gaze. She watches me, like a deer in headlights unsure of where to go, "Of course I can love, I know more than you think."

I stop in front of her, placing my hands on either side of her head effectively pinning her against the wall without any skin to skin between us, "Li-like what?"

I take a deep breath, her wonderful desire moving between us. It takes everything in me not to carry her to the desk, bend her over, and finish this cat and mouse game between us.

"More than just scent, I can hear your heart beat every time I walk into the room. It tending to pick up pace every time I enter the room."

"And what does an alien do with such information?"

"It allows us to catch our prey, and my darling will be the best catch of all." A light kiss is placed against her head as I step away from her moving to sit at my desk and leave her to calm down.

Her heart beats erratically in her chest as she holds her position against the wall watching me as I take my seat finally prying herself over to the other, smaller desk in the corner.

"Not that I am trying to um... change the direction of the conversation in anyway, but since I have left, has the plan for earth been changed at all? Are my people safe?"

While she might know what she is doing, the look she gives me chips at the ice wrapped around my heart. I hadn't spoke to the advisors other than to stop the takeover, no further direction and no further plans, until now when she gives that begging look that could convince the planets to come together, "Humans will be put into our society as farmers and other resource developers, separate from aliens. This is due to the fact that humans will slowly gain the power of the stars, the same power that had transformed us. Looking at the numbers, not all humans will be able to share the space with the aliens meaning most over the age of sixty or single with no family will be transported to an outer planet to live out the last of their days."

"Did you say gain the power of the stars?" The wonder in her tone is interesting, not a typical response from her fiery attitude, but one that is appreciated.

"Yes, my love, something that is rather interesting we have noticed is that the longer a less evolved being spends around our people, the more traits they pick up. Most of our scientists have pinned it down to our mates needed a way to adjust to our life spans, but others have no idea." 

"Are you saying right now, and please bluntness is quite all-fucking-right, am I gaining these traits?"

"You have already begun. My inner alien, as the best way to put it, can tell that you are starting to become more like us. The ability you had to run from the guard was tell enough. Slowly but surely."