Screaming for Him

Crystal Knoll Point of View

As Sunni holds me on the couch, I squirm in pain trying to find somewhere that is comfortable. Vincent noticed that I was gone, my body shut down in pain me screaming in release as Sunni tries to explain what is happening.

"Crystal, honey, please stop screaming. Your mark has realized that you are not around him, and he has realized the same sending your body into a state of pain that is mean to paralyze you. It should go away soon, but I need you to calm down so I can think for half a second on what I can do for you."

While I appreciate her, she reminds me a lot of me, and the blunt anger that can come from frustration.

I wouldn't blame her.

"I might have something that can relieve that pain." She runs off without waiting for my answer and I let my head fall into the couch. If she doesn't have anything I think I might just start slitting my throat instead.

Instead of coming in with an ointment or something Sunni runs into the room with a tablet that has the news in their language playing through. I groan and her and she raises a finger to me pointing at the small screen.

She forces a smile, "Lythapad foresric unpa venod unpa quape ge ferit, ugo ertica orfa uoya." I raise my brow and she covers her mouth, "Oh so you don't know about the mass slaughter of women, and you don't speak Latin?'"

She continues to listen to the news listening intently to what they are saying before turning to me, "The King has sent out a search party for you, to which I assume you must be his mate. Where are you planning on mentioning that or was that just a secret you were going to keep till, I got my head cut off?"

"What happened to fuck the patriarchy?"

"It's fuck the patriarchy until the King is involved. He murders anything in his path that gets in his way, and I happen to be in his path. Now I am not changing my mind or anything, but I wish I would have been told a little sooner so I could pick a better hiding location."

"Are you always this snarky?"

"Are you always this dense? It would make sense since you are from earth." She tosses her hand on her hip, my pain becoming a dull ache compared to earlier.

I ignore her thinking through my new plan. If somehow, we could convince the herd of idiots, I am indeed not the mate of the King or have Sunni moves us to a more secure location, then maybe I can have her teleport me back to earth. While I would feel bad asking, getting home has to be my main priority.

"He has sent out a Yheve Unferta. This must be serious mate hunting. A Yheve Unferta is like a group of people that gather all un-mated females, and the ones that do not have males to speak for them, for example you, and drag them to the castle so the mate can find their women very quickly. They are predicted to be here by tomorrow, and if they see any women out on the streets or even just barely see the hair of women until the Yheve Unferta show up, they will kill her, even if she is the mate of the man." She says and pulls her hair back into a ponytail.

Oh? So, getting shot is an option?

"So, what's your plan?" She tosses the tablet to the side and smirks, "And remember I can only go places I have seen, so taking you home wouldn't be an option."

"You literally just lost so many helpful points." I groan tossing my head back into the couch while she laughs.

"Ah so you are predictable."

"Are you always a bitch? Or just to me?" I laugh at her, and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"Only to people that I don't know well, trying to stay alive in this economy ya know?" She tuts struts over to the other couch plopping down.