Battles of Old

Crystal Lyson Point of View – One Week Later

"We're pregnant!" He yells at the team, Mark, and Sunni's absence is a noticeable gap to the group. 

"Yeah... we are." I look at Stella and Mary who both laugh in return as the Jeff pats Vincent on the back.

"Congrats man! If we are announcing things, then Mary would you also like to share? This was pre-discussed before anyone cusses me out." He laughs, his humor starting to show more he begins to adjust to the new way of women. We have learned that likes watching Mary walk, a favorable thing in his view as she does.

Mary claps her hands nodding, "Jeff and I are expecting as well!"

Stella covers her mouth, her eyes soaring over the room as Chase covers his grin, "You guys have to fucking with me! Are we seriously pregnancies buddies?"

I turn to her, eyebrows to the sky, "You aren't saying?"

"Oh, can't you smell it!" Mary calls out pulling her into a hug, all three of us jumping into one big love fest as the men do the men thing of fist bumps and high fives.

Now that is something that hasn't changed over the galaxy.

"This is going to be horrible! Imagine all the hormones between us. I hope this castle is stocked with ice cream." Stella cries out, Chase visibly taking a mental note for the group.

We all laugh together, backing away into our mates, Vincent kissing the top of my head. His foot is no longer an issue, Perkins being amazing and removing it in the kitchen for us. The ability to heal is something that comes with the primitive abilities he has, and after a day or two he was back to pissing me off.

A knock raps over the door, Vincent walking over to tug open the handle a smaller man named Gale running into the room. He is the replacement for Mark, and while he is small in size the man is fast and deadly. Even Chase had to take a second to consider challenging him.

"Yes Gale? What is it?" His voice is straight to the point demanding an answer quickly, one thing Vincent hates is someone disturbing him in his happy moments.

"Sir, the Queens father has been killed. Tashkent stands outside the gates with another male, both hold an army. They are attempting to overthrow the crown, my King."

Falling to my knees, Stella moves to my side rubbing my back. My father? He was supposed to be back on Earth, after the wedding he was taken back to avoid his transformation per his request. How could he have been killed.

"And how are we just now learning of this information? I assume this is something they have had in the works?"

"The other male seems to be Jackson sir, the man who took over for the Eighth sector. I also have Florence hoping to speak to you."

"Florence?" He spits looking around the hallway and I cry into Stella, her warmth so appreciated.

"My... mate sir. The castle doctor."

"Bring Perkins in. And you better get me more intel or its your fucking head." He slams the door, turning to me and picking me up. Tightening his arms around me, he holds me close, both couples straighten their back to look at the rightful King, his body moving into a new way of thinking.

"All of you suit up. We don't have time to waste. Chase focus on the assembling our troops. Jeff, get the women to the bunkers. Then both of you move to the field. Female warriors, you are the assigned to be the guards of the queen. Any harm comes to her head, I will challenge you as I would a male. Understood."