Cat Like Women

Crystal Knoll Point of View

The ladies and I laugh our hearts out, the men coming back to drag us back to our rooms fruit stuffed and happy.

"Did you have a good time, my love?" He sets me down at the edge of the room letting me get out of the thiun pulling on more of his larger shirts.

"I had an amazing time. I am glad I am able to spend time with them, they are good women."

"You could always ask them to be your ladies in waiting, personal attendants to their queen." Vincent mumbles following me into the closet to tug at the shirt I have already slipped on.

"How would that work when they can't even walk by themselves?"

"Ladies of the queen, with the approval of their mates are able to travel for queen related duties only. This would be a way for you to give them something to do, a purpose I suppose."

"So, they could walk freely, but I couldn't?" If it meant my friends getting the chance to move their legs, walking, I would do it, but my strings of jealousy are tugging.

"You are the queen, the future of the stars, it is customary that you don't life a finger which would include not handling any of your own affairs." He slides a hand under my shirt, warmth moving between us at his comfort.

"Vincent, the thing is, I want get my hands dirty. I want to learn how to run this crazy world beside you and help you. Building homes, donating time, balancing a check book for all I care. I know you feel as though I am some porcelain doll that needs to be cared for all the time, your tradition and instincts, but baby, I need to work, need to have my own purpose other than a decorated breeder."

He seems stressed from my response, walking out of the closet to run his hands through his hair attempting to seem calm and collected.

"Vincent?" I mumble walking out of the closet to see him laid back in his desk chair, legs straight in front of him with his palms laid over each other, head facing the sky.

"You ask so much of me, darling, but even now I want to give you everything you desire. Another part of me, the louder part, wants you to accept our ways, but I just can't bring myself to... to well force you. Some King I am right? Can't even lead his own mate." He moves his hands running them over his face, I take a moment to get a good look at him.

In front of me doesn't seem to be some crazy, greed obsessed man that demands to be followed, while he has the tendencies as such, he presents himself more as the over caring individual that wants to please everyone. This pleasing of the people would include 'properly' taming his mate, something that his mind just can't seem to let him do.

"I have noticed that... since our conversation about you taking over my voice that you haven't. Even though you know my name. I was surprised when I spoke in front of Mark that you hadn't done it then either." One step towards him, maybe another in a moment.

"The inner voice wanted to, how horrible is that? My little human mate," He sits up meeting my eyes, gold piercing into my green raw emotion present that almost puts me on my ass, "How have you made it to where I feel guilty for doing what my people deem as right?"

"What if it isn't and your people are ready for change?"

He stands up moving to stand right in front of me taking my face in his hands, "What are you doing to me little one?"

"Vincent..." My voice is a whisper, the sparks of his touch convincing me to press my face deeper into his hands, "You are a good man Vincent, an even better King. From the few days I have spent with you I know that you could lead these people into a world where everyone can have their place to choose. Women don't deserve to die if they don't have a man, and men need the guidance and calm mind of women or anything really to not lose their heads."