II - For Planets SAKE!

Book II, Lillian Lyson Point of View unless otherwise stated. 

"One month. One fucking month and I already mess this up?" I kick the tire of my steaming vehicle with no idea what I actually did to ruin it. My heart sinks, my parents thinking I'm back in my room dozing off for the night when in reality I was shot for shot with Vale, a high school friend of mine.

Not that it was a good idea to try to hover anyways...

I look around trying to find any way to get home, preferably in a way that did not involve calling my parents and telling them that I have been lying straight to their precious and loving faces. I shift back into my face of the nice, Rebecca I've named her. Instead of my long straight black hair she takes on a short blonde bob, my variety eyes, and a wider jaw. Her nose is also slightly crooked, something I find quite cute.

A mechanic shop sign glows bright in the night, barely hanging on by its cord. Such a mockery. Stomping over, I peak in to see a handsome devil bent over a car the smell of him sending my stars on edge. This is not the time! I go to turn away, evade the inevitable, but he looks up turning his head to meet mine. His electric green widen taking me in, the wrench in his hand dropping to the floor.

"Hello." His voice is deep, a tone that sends my nerves on edge and sends my entire body into overdrive. I take a step back when he goes to walk up to me, my heart not processing this properly. While I know the stories, the history of finding your mate, really standing here looking at the most gorgeous man I have every laid my eyes on is unbelievable. Is this just my drunk brain? Is the fuzzies my heart feels real?

"Uh... hi." I give him a wave shaking my hand awkwardly in the air. What I wouldn't do to lay him down and ride him right now.

I can tell he feels the same, his eyes dilating at my voice. Some parts of me understand the men in the past, the need to grab their woman and go. If he was to lay his hand on me I don't believe I could control myself.

"Hi." He gives me a smile, the brunette tendrils falling over his eyes. I fight the urge to walk over and fix them, looking back over my shoulder to my car.

"I came... because my car. Um, over there." I point awkwardly, my shifted face being a whole new conversation I wasn't ready to bring up to him. I know part of me see's it as wrong, but the other part of me knows that I am protecting him from a world of chaos.

The moment I find my mate is when the immortal gene will either appear, or not. Florence did years of research to come to this conclusion, and now I get to either come right out with it to this sexy man or keep him to myself for just a moment and enjoy the small freedom we have.

"Mm." He walks over to me, grabbing a tool bag to sling over his shoulder, "Well then come on, let's get this taken care of. Then, you go to bed. I won't let you fly when I can smell the earth tequila on your breath."

"I'm not that bad." I groan following him in the night. I tug at the small jacket I brought with me the chill air nipping to my bones. The male turns to see my shiver stopping in the middle of the road to slip off his jacket throwing it over my shoulders, "I don't need this..."

"I can't have my mate freezing to death. It's okay, really. The cold doesn't affect me. I do it so my regulars don't lay into me." He chuckles turning back to keep towards my car.

I wait until he is far enough away to take a deep breath, his scent enveloping me in a wave of comfort. My body warms just from the surrounding of him, and I pick up my pace to catch up after my creep episode.

Mate. He called me his so effortlessly, something that I could only hope for. The male hasn't reached for me either, keeping completely to himself and helping me how I need him too. Even if we weren't mates I'd swoon for him. He's my perfect type, the well-built body, hard worker, fucking handsome, and fucking fuckable. All such A+ things in my book.

"The cold doesn't affect you?" I break the silence while he looks over my car. Both him and I are focused on the heated energy of the bond snapping together, neither needing to make conversation, but if we don't I'll throw him against the side and have him rail me right there.

"I'm an ice wielder. Anything cold and I can tame it to do what I please." He smirks at me when I widen my eyes.

"That's an amazing ability!" I sound like a schoolgirl crushing over the athletes that have any ability at all. Abilities while common, are something that typically don't hold much impact in day to day. The people that are blessed by the stars, like the royals and many high rankings people tend to have the more deadly gifts. Ice wielding being one of them.

"It was passed down from my father. And yours, love?" Love? Take me right here!

"I was blessed with the ability to change my hair." And here we go, the downward spiral that I constantly turn my life into. For show, I meld my hair into a red head, tight coil curls. The male laughs, shaking his head looking back to the car.

"Interesting ability, but fashionable." I shift it back laughing lightly.

"It's something." I try to peek over his shoulder slipping forward my hand landing on his shoulder. The electric pulse that cracks through us throws me back, and if any doubts were present about our bond... well there isn't any now. He turns to me, setting the flashlight down.

I suck in a breath, his green eyes melting into mine when he steps forward laying his hands on my waist. The bond zips between us, our hearts seeming to fall in sync as we stare into one another. He leans his head down, and I move to my toes our lips pressing together softly.

He groans softly, deep his throat, he pulls me into him running his tongue over my lips begging the question. I allow him to explore, his taste an addiction. Everything goes quiet for a moment as we share our kiss, but then just as he lifts me to wrap my legs around his waist...

Bang.

Our bodies start to lead, hands running through each other's hair. I tug at his roots, pleasurable groans meeting me in return. He sinks his teeth into my bottom lip backing away for air, hand sliding up my shirt to feel my bare skin. I let myself explore his jaw, his neck, his shoulders, anything I could touch, the heat burning through the both of us.

He's the first to speak reason, pecking my lips and setting me down. I watch him take a serious step away breathing in deeply for the cold air of the night to fill his lungs. I pull at my bob, taking a moment to collect myself as well before asking a question I should have long ago, "And what is your name? Pray tell?"

.

.

.

.