II - Royal Parents

"Mom it isn't that serious." I scold when she can't get a straw wrapper to launch over the back metal gating of the café.

The straw graveyard lays at one side of the table, the waiter finding our antics hilarious, "I have to get at least one. I mean my daughter is lying to my face and conspiring with her father, so I have to find something to busy my mind." She grumbles pulling back the spoon from the table then releasing it like a catapult across the way. The straw wrapper falls short, landing with the other failures.

"Mom, I am not conspiring against you." I press my forehead against the table, she huffs at me grabbing the next victim.

"Oh? Are you ready to tell me what you father snuck you in his office for then?"

"Your birthday plans."

"My birthday that's in eight months. Even your father isn't that looney." She ready's her spoon, and this launch I slap away with my hand as the waiter comes back up to the table.

"My Queen, Princess, your tab was paid for by Elite Henry today, he wishes to have audience with you as well. Should I escort him over?" He is very polite, staying professional looking over us. He slowly pulls out a few more straws to lay on the table as my mom starts to run low. I try to give them back, but she snatches them away.

"Henry? That idiot? I mean since he bought our food." She waves him away, the waiter tries to cover his laugh while running to get the man. Momma Crystal turns to me slitting her eyes, "Have you seen him since your birthday?"

"No, and he's not my mate."

"And you know that how?" She raises a bow, I roll my eyes.

"Mm. And when did you are your father start keeping secrets..."

Henry walks up to the table interrupting the Queen like he's something important, "Crystal! Lillian, so good to see you both." His voice sounds like un-dropped balls.

She points an uncovered straw his direction while straightening her back, "It's Queen and Princess to you. We are not friends Henry, especially after what you pulled during my daughter's birthday ball."

The terrible memory of him trying to sneak into my bedroom while I was getting ready returns, and I force myself to not shudder. In truth, his family holds the trading grounds for many spices that the kingdom enjoys. Henry, holds nothing, but we respect him and tolerate his behavior since he is destined to take the head seat in his family business. Too bad even the stars won't give him someone to love, because fuck I need him off my back.

"Of course." He sits down at our table snapping the waiter over to grab the straws. My mom glares at him watching the waiter slowly walk away with her fun, "I have something of importance to discuss. Do you both have time to chat?"

I watch her look around, even pulls out her telka. Both her and I know damn well she has nothing to do, and I have even less, "We have a few minutes, but nothing more."

Thanks mom.

"The people are starting to worry about the princess, some revolting against her birth right. I wanted to propose an arranged marriage to guarantee the support of the people."

I have to bite my lip to keep from laugh, "Oh? And with who? You?" I spout snorting across the table. Henry scrunches his nose at my behavior, but I couldn't give a damn.

"You are correct lovely, and my parents are willing to pay a large sum to get this in motion."

My mother is the one who laughs now, the waiter bringing over the chocolate cake she ordered a little bit ago, "You think we need money? That's almost offensive. You would have to offer up something much more valuable for us to even think about it. She has a mate, one who isn't you, and they have first right to the crown."