The Sad Truth of Candy Eggs

Whoops ;)

Crystal Knoll Point of View

Vincent looks at me, completely serious just dropping a bomb like that. He goes to reach for me, but I back up holding my hands up.

"We aren't even like that? I mean marriage?" I am only nineteen for fucks sake.

"It is inevitable. We are meant to be with one another so why not just get it over with?" The alien king smiles, a kind and courteous smile letting me keep my space between us. I almost buckle for it, giving in just for his handsome face the mate bond starting to jump to new extremes for my physical body.

"I see the logic, I really do, but us having sex and being together can be done without a marriage. As a human I have always wanted a dream wedding, when I am older. Not now. I mean, marriage for me is a sign of love and trust, which is neither of the things I feel right now."

"You don't trust me? But you will let me ravish you in our bed?" He tilts his head, lowering his hand, hurt displayed over his features.

"Vincent, I don't even really know you. My body and mind are physically attracted to you. I don't regret the sex, but to me that was just sex, nothing more." Are you lying to yourself Crystal? Finally giving in to the mate bond...

"Nothing more? Nothing. You just... My heart beats for you. Every fiber of my being desires your love. Watching you last night, truly gain traits of my people sent me into a high. You tell me that you feel nothing at all towards me?" He stands, watching me, his eyes flashing between colors, not in anger, but I can assume that he feels used, rejected, all the things that I would feel in his place.

"I can't trust someone who won't trust me to walk to a kitchen, or speak on my own, or even pick my own style of clothing. These restrictions that have been placed on me have limited the true potential we could have together. I won't lie to you Vincent, I want to trust, want to one day fall in love with you. I know that this ache between us will keep me coming back to you day in and day out, but I need you to trust me first."

Vincent breaths heavily, looking over the room trying to figure out what to do, to say... to anything in this situation. I wish I could bring myself to hold him close, rub my hands down his back, comfort his broken heart, but my feet stay in place holding me away from him just to watch.

"I have never felt this before, this rip in my heart. You are asking too much of me, of my people."

"Vincent-"

"I need time to myself, to process. My inner being wants me to put you in your place, show you why your mine, but I feel as though it would not be wanted. The wedding is not canceled, but I will take into consideration your feelings," He heads towards the door, looking back at me with a sorrowful look, "And please, my love, stay here. If you run again, I don't know if I could contain the alien within me."

He is gone for maybe an hour, two at most, my focus being on the wooden planks that make the ceiling of the bedroom, counting each one over and over again getting a different number each time.

"I must say, I didn't expect for you to be in here when I returned." His voice is more stable, emotionless, as he looks towards me my body moving up to a sitting position.

While he was gone, I had tossed on one of his comfier shirts, it dropping to my knees, and found myself enjoying the slightly new smells that I could pick up on. Especially his.

"I figured I had pissed you off enough in the last two days. And I am tired, didn't have the energy to run without Stella's crazy flower power against the guards."