II - That's the Girl I Know

I lay in my bed in the castle crying my heart out. Ryder hasn't returned with Baden. No one's been able to update me on their journey either. My heart aches for him, his touch, his anything. I have no idea why I crave him so much, but damn if he doesn't come home soon I might rip the world apart. The Star Whispers are much stronger than I thought, and I was so fucking oblivious to the fact that I was more worried about getting drunk with a friend then learning how to rule.

Now I'm immortal and scared of someone winning against the crown. But my father? How can he say something so horrible. Sometimes, the world would be better if women were silent. Does he truly believe that? In some ways I worry he might support the thought of the Star Whispers winning. I hear a knock at the door, my mother calling into the bedroom, "Honey, can I come in?"

"Yeah." My voice is nothing but a scratchy sound by now. She slips into the room. Her body is dressed in a simple thiun with a cover slip over the top. Her hair is delicately pinned up, no shoes to match, "Mom? What's going on?"

"The Star Whispers took Mehija. Yukin is our only hope. We have intel from Ryder but he's in a sticky situation."

"What?" I shoot up from the bed reaching out for her. I wrap my hand through her thiun cover pulling her close to my face. The pregnant queen holds her breath while my eyes go wild, "What the fuck is wrong with Ryder?"

"Henry has him. He saw you two at a bar together talking before you came to the castle. He's sided with the Star Whispers and demands that you submit to him in return for Ryder's freedom."

"Can he do that?" I pull back covering my mouth. My legs slip from the bed, feet hitting the floor. I run to my closet grabbing the closet outfit I can find that I can fight in, "Mom?"

"We found out who the leader is." She covers her face falling to the bed. Her tears run down her face and thankfully she isn't wearing any makeup, "It's Sunni's brother, Dermir."

"Sunni?"

She pats the bed. I stare at her swollen eyes and tear streaked face. I've never seen my mother so vulnerable, "Sunni was the woman that helped me run from the castle after I was taken. She played as my friend, someone who hated the crown. Turns out she just hated being powerless. With the help of her mate, and two very good friends, they were able to rescue me from the man that stole me away. Soon after she became a traitor and tried to take the crown. Mark, her mate, was twisted into believing he was able to challenge the king and lost."

"Holy shit." I mumble pulling on my clothing, "Why haven't you told me this?"

"It didn't seem like information you needed to know. Now that her brother is the leader it becomes much more prevalent. Dermir will be ruthless, determined to win at any cost. There's no telling what his weakness might be. I believe that Sunni mentioned to me in passing that she was a twin and they shared the ability. This means that he can teleport taking anything and anyone he wants."

I grab her arms forcing her to look up at me. She meets my eyes, her gaze broken beyond belief, "Mom. Then why are we sitting here?"

"Henry has most of the Elites on his side, including many of our guards. We are slipping in power by the minute as men realize the ability they could have to control women once more. Ladies are proving to be strong enough to be without men, and same sex relationship dominates aren't understanding why they don't have a submissive counterpart. It's horrid and disrespectful, but I'm scared. I can't go back to the way it was."

My heart snaps. I can't believe my mother is pouring her heart out like this to me. She's always been the strongest woman I know. She's never put herself first, always checking in on me. Now it's my turn, "Mom. We have this. Women are too strong to back down once more. We've tasted freedom, now it's time we fight to keep it."

"What are you saying to me?" She wraps her hands through mine tugging me close, "What's going through that head of yours?"

"Men are the one's siding with Dermir. Why not show them how powerful women are?"

~

"Vale, it's good to see you." I pull her into a tight hug that she greedily returns. Our hearts beat together as we embrace. If anyone in the worlds knows me well, it's this woman right here. Her gift from the stars is simple, she can turn herself and anything she touches invisible. While it's a defensive ability, it's perfect in moments that need a quiet fly on the wall.

"You know I'd never miss a reason to throw some punches." She tosses her nicely into my shoulder. She has yet to meet her mate, something she doesn't mind one bit. I laugh at her throwing another back, she always knows how to make me feel better, "Now, your mate what's the situation?"

"Henry," She snorts in disgust, "Believes I'm meant to be his. Demands me to submit to him in exchange for Ryder's freedom. He's sided with the Star Whispers as well, apparently one of my mom's old skeletons brother is the leader."

Vale curses to herself running a hand through her blonde hair. She doesn't bother to sugar coat it, "You realize we are fucked if we lose right? Henry has power on his side we don't know how to handle. I mean fuck Florence trained us." The old lady yells from the back ground at Vale who waves her off, "Are you sure we can do this?"

"I know we can, but we have to move quickly. Mehija and Klataz have been taken under old law, Yunkin will follow soon. We need an army."

My mother laughs from the back. She looks heavenly in her uniform that Mary designed for her, a true warrior queen that stands for justice, "Lillian tossed the idea of building a woman army. They can't control was throwing a blade in their face."

Florence takes the floor always throwing in her two sense, "You really think a bunch of women will be interested in fighting men that wish to oppress them? Maybe their own mates?"

"It's all we have right now. Some men will be willing to join, but right now we lack numbers. Klataz might be the biggest planet, however we have the most that opposed the new order. The outside planets are concerning that they switched so quickly, almost like Dermir might be doing more than just winning the people over with his charm."

"And you think us four, none of us having an offensive ability, could do something to change that?" Florence scolds us, but Vale and I nod to her surprise.

"It's this or we suffer. I can't imagine the idea of Ryder carrying me around and not being able to speak. Or not working. He would be taking my rightful crown from me. Yes he's the King, but I am the fucking queen."

Florence nods a smirk coming over her, "Now that's what I was waiting for. I'm in you fuckers. Let's get handsome back, and maybe save a planet or two after."