II - Humanity

"Mom, please. I need peace and quiet." I grouch as she crawls through my closet to find the perfect dress for tonight. I was hoping to take less time, but she bombarded my space as soon as the guards alerted her that I was getting ready.

"And I need to make you look perfect. When Vincent found me, times were much different. I wasn't able to do the wooing, the getting cleaned up and dating... I'm jealous." She whispers more to herself than me, "And Vincent and I don't date. We're to busy."

Noted.

"Is the blue dress not good enough?" I click open my telka, his message swiping across.

See you tonight, love. My heart beats in excitement at just the thought.

"Oh, he's a sweet talker!" My mom shrieks falling back into the bed with a red wrap dress that I purposely keep tucked away. He follows with the address of the restaurant when I made it clear I would drive myself, while he fought wanting to pick me up.

"I can't wear that. It's too..." I can't find the words. That dress is the one that I wear to strut around my room and feel powerful, but not one I could find myself wearing in public.

"Bad ass?" She clicks her tongue, "He's your one and only, the only man that your body will allow you to enjoy from now on out. Why not tease him a bit?"

"Mom?" I snatch the dress from her holding the hanger between my fingertips, "When did you become such a bad influence?"

She laughs, "I've always been. Your fathers just kept me contained to the bedroom."

"Disgusting."

"You say that, but soon you'll understand. I'm surprised you've lasted this long away from him."

"We haven't..." I'm far from a virgin, shamefully so. I craved the freedom, and the men were easy fucks. Now that I recall my history, I feel a pang of guilt, would he hate me?

"But you have before huh?" She scrunches her mouth to one side of her face, "It's okay. You know? You aren't any less to him for not waiting. If anything, you get the experience of knowing exactly how fucking perfect they are."

"How did you fight dad for so long?"

"Humanity. I was stubborn, rightfully so. And we had some bumps. Forced into marriage and being kidnapped but a hinderance on my inner sex demon." I bite my lip looking at the dress once more, she shoves at me from the bed, "Go on, get it on. I'll put your hair up."

"Mom you know that I can just..." She holds up a hand.

"Just let me mother you for once, okay?" And I nod, stepping away to pull the dress on.

~

I leave the style my mother did for me atop my head, slightly changing my facial features to match Rebecca. The red dress shapes delectably to me, my breasts pushed up nicely, a plunging neckline dipping to just above my navel. My back is complexly open as well, the skirt going to mid-thigh, flowy and beautiful in the chill night. The color's a deep red complimenting my tan skin. The white heels I paired it with reflect nicely in the night, my tan clutch pulling the look together. My mother almost had a stroke when he pulled my hair into a subtle updo letting small curls fall on the edges of my face, white hair pins with floral décor holding it together.

Stepping out of my car is hardest part, the people in the hover lot turning their heads to watch me walk to the entrance stairs of the high-end restaurant Ryder picked. While he didn't have to, it's nice to know my outfit wouldn't be out of the ordinary. I meet his green eyes, a black taking over his hungry gaze. I barely touched the bottom step, him rushing down to hold his arm out for me. My hand falls lightly on his bicep throat choaking up at the handsome he has tonight. The dark black suit, a red tie to pair with mine, hugged him well enough that I'm tempted to walk us to the side of the building just to get another taste of him.