26

"She said to give you this before she disappeared for a while. She said it was to save what you both wanted?" Inui questions the last part as he handed me the letter. I opened it up and read through it. I then froze at the discovery that she made. 

'The reason that Toman went bad was because of Mikey, right? The reason Mikey turned bad was that Kisaki and others kept taking away the things he loved. Shin, Baji, Emma, and Draken. Everyone that he ever loved was taken away one by one corrupting him.  You say how different he was in our battle with Black Dragon. To save Tachibana and my sister is to save Mikey. Mikey is the key to everything.' 

Her words made sense to everything. Every timeline that I went through. . .Mikey was the first one to be the problem of Toman going bad. Even more now when I just talked to Emma. I looked up to see a motorcycle up ahead. I noticed it was Kisaki. . .and he was coming at me with a bat. I shielded myself as I thought he was going to attack me. "Emma!" (S/N)?! Kisaki passed by me as I turned around. My eyes widen in fear as (S/n) was on the ground with Emma. Emma sat up and started to panic. "(S/n)?!" she cried out. I walk over to them and I saw (S/n) bleeding from the head. "N-No! (S/n)!" I cried. How can I be so stupid?! How could I forget (Y/n)'s words so carelessly?! "Please don't die. (Y/n) needs you. . .Naoto needs you. . .Your big sister did everything to save you." I cried to her. "W-We have to get her to the hospital." Emma cries. "Emma?" We turn our heads to see Mikey, Inui, and Izana. "M-Mikey! It's (Y/n)'s little sister! She's hurt badly!" I cried. "She saved my life!" Emma cries next. Mikey came to us and I put (S/n) on his back. Emma carried the umbrella over them. 

"T-Takemichi. . .?" "(S/n)!" I cried happily as she was awake. "It hurts. . .my head hurts." she began to cry. "I know. We're almost to a hospital. Please, stay awake for a little longer." I told her. "D-Did I save Emma? (Y/n) said that it was the only way to save Mikey. . .from being lonely." She asks. "Y-Yes. I'm right here, (S/n)." Emma cries. (S/n) tries to laugh, but that hurts her. "Most of my life. . .I was never able to spend time in the sun. I couldn't fully see how beautiful life can be out here. Never feel the warmth of the sun on a breezy day." (S/n) began to say. "My parents sometimes made me feel different from other people, but not (Y/n). She made me feel normal. Taking me outside just to feel like a normal person. She made me feel like belong and made me not hate myself because I was different. She's my big sister, my best friend, my shining sun, my hero. . .Please don't leave her side. . .she'll feel lonely like back then when Shin-san died. Please be there for my big sister. . .she can't handle being on her own." (S/n) says. "(S/n)?" I call to her as she quieted down. Please don't tell me. . ."Takemichi. . ." My heartbeat went back to normal as she spoke again. "Who were we talking about?" She asks. It felt like the world stopped. "(Y/n)," Mikey answers her. "Who's. . .(Y/n)?" she then went quiet again. Before I could wake her up again, we got to the hospital. The doctors took her and Emma stayed with (S/n). I began to worry now because. . ."(S/n) doesn't remember (Y/n)." I mutter in fear. 

- (Y/n) POV -

I drop the plate of food and fell on the ground. "Oh sh*t! (Y/n), are you okay?!" Ran asks. Rindo followed behind him as they both rush to me. "I-I don't know. . .it's like." I place my hand on my chest. My heart was beating quickly. "It's like a piece of my just died." I felt overwhelmed at this feeling. They helped me up and Kakucho gave me a glass of water. "I think this whole Toman vs. Tenjiku is getting to you. Calm down a bit, okay?" Rindo says. I look at him and nod. "O-Okay." They sat me next to Koko. He grabbed my hand as he saw it trembling. "I'm sorry I got you into this. I was selfish and didn't think they were going to go for you too. I suck as a leader." I apologies to him. "Don't feel sorry. When I first saw you fight Taiju, it was like you were carrying a ton on your shoulders. Whatever you were holding was keeping you motivated to keep carrying on. You made it look easy." He says. "Trust me. . .it's not." I told him. "On Christmas night, the words you said to Taiju after you defeated him. 'Someone willing to be the strongest to protect the people they love. . .even if they're already gone.' those words made me want to follow you. I want to be strong like you, so I can keep my promise to her." He began to tear up a bit. I held him in my arms as he began to tell me about a girl that he lost. I guess we're all broken in our own painful way.