chapter fourteen

Jessica jogged down the stairs after her shower her hair still wet. Danny sat at the counter looking towards the door way waiting for her.

"What?" Jessica smiled at him walking to the fridge retrieving a bottle of water.

Danny just stared at her his jaw tight as his teeth where clenched. His eyes looked as if they could burst into flames at any moment.

"What is it honey?... Why are you looking at me like that?" Jessica's heart jumped as she seen that all to familiar look of anger on his face. She gripped the bottle tight in her hands trying not to show her fear.

"Like what?" His voice was stern and deep. It sent a chill down her spine.

She was almost at a loss for words. "Like...like that...like I did something...wrong." She swallowed hard.

Danny just cocked his head narrowing his eyes at her. He started to make a clicking noise with his tongue. Not quite sure what to say; he could feel his anger building and he didn't want to let it out on Jessica. After all he didn't know the whole story behind Sams earlier text, but he could draw a conclusion. He dropped his eyes to the floor shaking his head and taking a deep breath.

"Danny?" Jessica's voice shook.

"Hmm."

"Will you talk to me please?...I...I need to know what I did....Honey please?" She stepped closer to him placing her palms on the cold counter top leaning down to his level.

"What would you like me to say Jess?" Danny's voice was very monotone as he looked up to her again.

She stood looking back and forth between his eyes; trying to read him. She came up blank; just a little wile ago they where so in love and now her was someone completely different.

"Is this about be being upset earlier? Danny I really am sorry. It was just a moment of weakness, I'm sorry honey don't be mad at me please. I just... I wont...Danny? I'm sorry I got so angry, but..."

Danny cut her off slamming his fists into the counter. Sending Jessica stepping backwards in fear her eyes wide.

"Damn it Jessica! It has nothing to do with you. You being upset gives me no reason to be mad. I'm not even mad at you! Damn it why are you soo afraid of me?.... Huh?..." She just looked at him in shock she couldn't speak nor move. She could barely breath. "Have I ever given you a reason to be afraid of me. Have I?... Jessica i would never lay a hand on you and you know that. Did we just not have this discussion? I would kill anyone who ever even thought about hurting you. God...Jessie this has nothing to do with earlier. .... It has to do with that prick who cant seem to take a hint!" He turned from he hitting the wall hard with his fist.

"Danny, W-what are you talking about?" She was so confused now her head was starting to real. She watched Danny walk around the island in the middle of the kitchen. Finally he came to a stand still leaning his elbows on the counter and letting out a long breath.

"Well say something." She walked over opposite to him staring hard at him.

"Sam."

Jessica stopped taking a breath and holding it placing her hand over her mouth. She felt her Stomach drop. Damn it! Why why now. Why cant he just go away. I'm in such deep shit!

"W-what did he...say?" She whispered as if she didn't want to know at all.

Danny looked up at her sliding her phone across the counter towards her."You can read it.'

She looked confused and unlocked the screen. Scrolling threw her messages she found what Danny must have been talking about.

"I know baby!"