Chapter Thirty-Eight

Jessica jogged down the stairs after taking a shower and getting dressed in a pair of black yoga pants and a loose sweeter. Nothing else in her closet fit her tummy which astounded her. However she figured it was just an off day for her and moved on without much thought to it. She quickly plugged in her phone and called George. As the phone range she grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and walked into the living room. Picking up the necklace from its neat home on the table she placed it around her neck.
"Jessie?" George answers in shock.
"Yes and hello to you too."

"I-I just didn't expect you to call. Jessie where are you?"

"Im home, in New Orleans. About to leave actually."

George paused unsure of how to tell her what had happened earlier that morning. "Jess Danny was here looking for you."

"What?!" She got excited for a moment. "Is he still there? Why didn't you call me?"

"No he's not her honey, he left a letter for you." George felt his heart drop at how excited she was. He knew this would brake her heart and he dreaded to let that happen but he knew it had to for her to move on.

"What dose it say?" She was so excited her heart was pounding in her chest.

"Now you know I am not one to open your mail and im not about to start now." Even thou he knew what the main point of the letter must be he couldn't tell her.

"Im on my way don't do anything. Ill be there soon." She hung up before George had a chance to say another word. She pulled her keys off the hook on the wall and ran for the door Jack and Pine following close behind her.

"No babies you have to stay here this time, momma will be back I promise." She closed the door and ran for the car. Speeding threw town she didn't bother to follow the speed limit. Once on the highway she called Sarah.

"Hello?" Sarah answered after a few rings.

"Sarah I need a favor. I don't have time to explain why just do it."

"Uhh. Yes ma'am?" She replied unsure of the situation.

"I need you to call Danny. Find out where he is and call me back. Then I need you to go sit with the boys until I get back. If Danny shows up call me right away and don't let him leave." Jessica spoke so fast Sarah barley caught what she was saying.

"Uhh, ok? Can I ask why?"

"I told you I don't have time to explain, just please? I need this."

"Ok, ok, anything for you but you owe me an explanation later."

"Alright I promise, love you, thank you." Again she hung up without a response from the other party on the line.

***

Sarah scrolled threw her contacts until she came across Danny's name calling him she waited for an answer.

"Hello." Danny picked up a little confused.

"Hey Danny whats up?" Sarah asked

"Not a whole lot. What about you?"

"Oh just chillin. Hey where are you?"

"Uhh, almost outside of Missouri. Why?" Danny could science something odd about this conversation.

"Oh why are you in Missouri?" she figured if Jessica wouldn't tell her what was going on she would get something out of Danny.

"I had some things to attend to, and im not actually in Missouri im just passing threw on my way back."

"From?" She started to get pushy.