Chapter Thirty-One

Jessica stood in the doorway watching everything going on around her. Sam was wondering the crowd walking towards the bar and Danny was walking away from it towards George. Her stomach dropped and she felt like the room was spinning. How could things turn so quickly. She looked to George a look of panic on her face. Running to Danny she tried to pull him out of Sam's path. He was already well past drunk and that scared her, she didn't know what he would do.

"What's wrong honey?" Danny laughed handing her a beer.

Jessica looked around trying to keep tabs on Sam. "Nothing just come here.... please?" She pouted.

Just as they started walking away Sam bumped into Danny not noticing who it was. "Sorry buddy."

"Your good..." Danny smiled. They took a few steps and Danny stopped and looked back at him. Jessica started to panic. "You son of a bitch!" Danny yelled pushing Sam off balance.

"What the hell man?" Sam asked turning around. "Oh its you again... I see your still on the pay roll." he smiled. Danny grabbed his collar pulling him in.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from us?"

Jessica tried to step between them and was pushed away by Danny's arm. She pushed into his chest as hard as she could her hair now covering her face.

"Danny stop!... Let go!"

Danny just ignored her Still yelling at Sam. "You are one dumb son of a bitch you know that? If it was me I wouldn't be within ten miles of the guy who was gonna kill me, let alone showing up at HIS girlfriends ranch."

Sam scoffed "It it was you you wouldn't be walking."

A look of anger spread across Danny's face as his jaw clenched. He hulled off punching Sam square in the jaw dropping him to the floor. Jessica was now pushing against Danny with all of her body wait, which wasn't much, the beer in her hand spilling all over the floor.

"DANNY STOP!.... PLEASE JUST STOP IT!" It was becoming a full out fight and the crowd of people was starting to turn and watch them. Jessica let out a scream as Sam stood up and Danny pushed against Jessica with his chest. "George!" She yelled. George looked over the crowd gathering around them.

"What the hell?" He could see Danny squaring off but he couldn't see with who.

"George!" Jessica yelled again trying to hold Danny back. George pushed threw the people running to Jessica's aid.

"Shit!" he breathed. Just as he got there Danny threw another punch over Jessica's head.

"Danny... Listen to me.... stop!" She yelled pushing into his chest. "George get him out of here!"

George pushed his way between them grabbing Jessica in one arm and pulling her away. "No stop it ... get him out of here." Setting her down again he went back to Danny who had his chest puffed out. The look on his face was strait anger. George grabbed Danny's shoulders pushing him back from Sam.

"Danny come on man."

Danny just stared over his shoulder his jaw clenched tight. Jessica stepped back up to him grabbing his arm that was bet his fist tight.

"Danny please?" she begged. He looked down at her shrugging George off he looked to Sam again he was wiping the blood from his mouth with his sleeve. Danny let his jaw relax and looked back down at Jessica tears building in her eyes. Reaching down he wrapped her in his arms pulling her into him he kissed her. Pushing his tongue into her mouth she could feel the force of his body on her. He let her go looking up at Sam.

"Please?" Jessica whispered brushing her thumb across his cheek. George grabbed his arm pulling him to the door.

"Come on man lets just step outside for a second."